UK Angelfish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

Ram breeding advice  required Empty
Latest topics
» Hello everyone - just joined the forum.
Ram breeding advice  required EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 13:49 by TrevorGreenfield

» Is there anybody out there?
Ram breeding advice  required EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:51 by Mims_0

» Which option would you choose?
Ram breeding advice  required EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:49 by Mims_0

» Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange
Ram breeding advice  required EmptyWed 13 Sep 2017, 10:37 by Pterophyllum

» Hi all. =)
Ram breeding advice  required EmptySun 03 Sep 2017, 15:52 by Pterophyllum

» Disaster has struck!!!
Ram breeding advice  required EmptyThu 24 Aug 2017, 11:32 by Pterophyllum

» Scottish Members.
Ram breeding advice  required EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017, 14:36 by wildreddeer

» Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank
Ram breeding advice  required EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017, 09:30 by Pterophyllum

» Just Testing
Ram breeding advice  required EmptyWed 02 Aug 2017, 21:19 by bridgegirl99

post deleted

Mon 24 Jul 2017, 16:09 by fredothedictator

post deleted

Comments: 2

Sunset Koi Angelfish

Sun 16 Oct 2016, 19:30 by MatthewHalliday

Shalom Everyone I want to buy some Sunset Koi Angelfish I bought one …

Comments: 3

WANTED Bugarian Greens/Albino Dantum

Sun 19 Jun 2016, 02:04 by Toondog

As the title suggest I'm trying to track down some Bulgarian Seal …

Comments: 0

Counter
free counters
Ram breeding advice  required Header4 Ram breeding advice  required Helios

Ram breeding advice required

3 posters

Go down

Ram breeding advice  required Empty Ram breeding advice required

Post  uk bulldog Wed 20 Feb 2013, 08:33

Does anyone have any advice on breeding rams they can give me or should I say the mrs.
As I just sourced her 6 young electric blue rams that are to young to breed & 7 golden rams of which there are 4 females & 3 males.
We got them on Saturday & put them in a 36 x 12 x 15 that has a sand substrate with a nice piece of bogwood a couple of breeding cones
That are on there sides & well planted.
Last night we noticed that a pair of the golden rams were laying eggs on the side of one of the cones but proceeded to eat the eggs,
The reasons for this we can only assume is due to too many in the tank or the fact that they are only young at around an inch long although
Fully coloured & looking really nice. Would we be better to move some of the others to another tank leaving just the pair or maybe two in there current tank
& how often do they spawn? We also noticed the other three females also have there tubes starting to drop so no doubt more eggs are due.
Any advice would be great from anyone with experience with these great little fish.

Thanks in advance
Paul
uk bulldog
uk bulldog

Back to top Go down

Ram breeding advice  required Empty Re: Ram breeding advice required

Post  Pterophyllum Wed 20 Feb 2013, 13:34

Not much experience with breeding rams I'm afraid, the one thing I do remember reading is that they lay orange coloured eggs, and prefer red/orange/terracotta coloured stones to lay on as this disguises the eggs.
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  uk bulldog Wed 20 Feb 2013, 14:03

Hi Rob the pair that laid laid on the side of a cone wich is terracotta coloured
uk bulldog
uk bulldog

Back to top Go down

Ram breeding advice  required Empty Hard work

Post  TONY,S ANGELS Wed 20 Feb 2013, 17:23

Hi Paul
I only had five broods of the electric blues and 15 to 18 broods of the german rams
that were successful and sold all my stock got so fed up with them eating eggs / young.
I bred them best when just the pair are in a tank of 15 to 20 gallons with lots of plastic plants
all around a 3" terracotta saucer more to the back of the tank, lots of live white worm / tetra prima very soft water just like I use with my breeding discus, and for best results remove the pair after they have laid as I
got sick of them eating there young if they can see any other fish or if you disturb them in any way.
Discus / Angels are a lot easyer been there done them never want to go back horid little fish.
And forgot to say the Ph was about ph5.8 to ph6.5 and like i said very soft with a filter sponge.
Cheers Tony

TONY,S ANGELS
TONY,S ANGELS

Back to top Go down

Post  uk bulldog Wed 20 Feb 2013, 20:47

Hi Tony,
Thanks for the reply,apart from the cones that are on there sides in the tank i also have a couple of saucers in the tank & 1 is at the back in the corner with plants all around,when i got home from work the Mrs pointed out that a pair are laying on it & the male is defending it like no tomorrow, but saying that he is also eating the eggs Crying or Very sad as we only got them last weekend they are still in QT really so at this moment in time i cant put any of the others into my angel tanks which is what i will have todo if i want to try for a bit more success as the Mrs wants to breed them more than me & to be honest i think i want to aswell , as i quiet like them more than i thought Very Happy.I will not let them beet me at this early in as the Mrs wont let me get away with that so now its more of a challange plus if she can get on with the rams she might take more intrest in the angels Wink They like the mini bloodworm & brineshrimp aswell as crushed flake so no problem with them eating plus if they do manage to any to freeswimming i have decaps for the young as they are smaller than BB i just hope we get that far with them & practice make perfect.
uk bulldog
uk bulldog

Back to top Go down

Ram breeding advice  required Empty Fry Food

Post  TONY,S ANGELS Thu 21 Feb 2013, 13:39

Hi paul
Forgot to say befor the best first food when they go free swimming is infusoria
you can buy it in a small bottle for about £2 or £3 pounds. I used the interpet liquifry,
I started to put several drops in the tank two or three days befor they go free swimming
As they are very small fry. Hope this helps you ( oh sorry i mean your better half )
Cheers Tony
TONY,S ANGELS
TONY,S ANGELS

Back to top Go down

Post  uk bulldog Thu 21 Feb 2013, 16:30

Cheers for that Tony all advice is welcome & i wouldnt go as far as say better half as she would only get big headed lol
uk bulldog
uk bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down