UK Angelfish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank Empty
Latest topics
» Hello everyone - just joined the forum.
Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 13:49 by TrevorGreenfield

» Is there anybody out there?
Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:51 by Mims_0

» Which option would you choose?
Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:49 by Mims_0

» Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange
Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank EmptyWed 13 Sep 2017, 10:37 by Pterophyllum

» Hi all. =)
Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank EmptySun 03 Sep 2017, 15:52 by Pterophyllum

» Disaster has struck!!!
Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank EmptyThu 24 Aug 2017, 11:32 by Pterophyllum

» Scottish Members.
Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017, 14:36 by wildreddeer

» Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank
Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017, 09:30 by Pterophyllum

» Just Testing
Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank EmptyWed 02 Aug 2017, 21:19 by bridgegirl99

post deleted

Mon 24 Jul 2017, 16:09 by fredothedictator

post deleted

Comments: 2

Sunset Koi Angelfish

Sun 16 Oct 2016, 19:30 by MatthewHalliday

Shalom Everyone I want to buy some Sunset Koi Angelfish I bought one …

Comments: 3

WANTED Bugarian Greens/Albino Dantum

Sun 19 Jun 2016, 02:04 by Toondog

As the title suggest I'm trying to track down some Bulgarian Seal …

Comments: 0

Counter
free counters
Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank Header4 Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank Helios

Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank

3 posters

Go down

Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank Empty Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank

Post  BottomDweller Fri 11 Aug 2017, 19:54

Im currently raising a few young angels in a 45g tank and as soon as i get a pair I'll sell the rest.can i just leave the eggs in the tank because i only have one tank.Will they live and grow?

BottomDweller

Back to top Go down

Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank Empty Re: Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank

Post  wildreddeer Sat 12 Aug 2017, 09:39

Hi BottomDweller and a very warm welcome to the site.

You can leave the eggs and fry in the tank with their parents and it is a joy to watch them care for them. Some parents will eat them but most wont. But you will have to rehouse them when they start to grow and start pestering there parents.

How many Angels do you have at the moment.

If you want to know the sex of those you have, you can post a few clear pictures on the site and I'll sex them for you. Or you can look at my topic 'How to sex an Anglefish'

http://www.uk-angelfishforum.org.uk/t417-how-to-sex-your-angelfish

Have fun and please keep us all inform of your progress.

Phili
Cool
wildreddeer
wildreddeer

Back to top Go down

Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank Empty Re: Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank

Post  BottomDweller Sat 12 Aug 2017, 09:43

I currently have 12 angels (i know it's overstocked) but i don't have any pairs yet.I don't know how old they are but their body is only 2-4cm in height (without fins).I know about how to tell their gender but since they aren't paired up i cant tell.If i have any fry and i leave them with the parents till they grow, will the parents lay more eggs?

BottomDweller

Back to top Go down

Post  BottomDweller Sat 12 Aug 2017, 09:53

I'll post a pic of my biggest angel (Sorry the pic isnt clear.Couldn't get him/her to stop moving)Its a platinum angel

BottomDweller

Back to top Go down

Post  BottomDweller Sat 12 Aug 2017, 09:55

Don't know how to post a pic

BottomDweller

Back to top Go down

Post  BottomDweller Sat 12 Aug 2017, 18:14

Can i keep the fry in the same tank for 2-3 months till i can sell them?

BottomDweller

Back to top Go down

Post  wildreddeer Sun 13 Aug 2017, 10:18

When the fry are big enougth to leave there parents you will need at least a 3ft tank to house them in.

When Rob (Pterophyllum) comes on he will be able to give you better adsvise on the size of tanks than me.

I beleave there is a post on here that tells you how to upload pictures, I'll forward it on when I come across it.

Phil
Cool
wildreddeer
wildreddeer

Back to top Go down

Post  wildreddeer Sun 13 Aug 2017, 10:21

http://www.uk-angelfishforum.org.uk/t4-adding-pictures?highlight=pictures

Enjoy

Phil

Cool
wildreddeer
wildreddeer

Back to top Go down

Post  BottomDweller Sun 13 Aug 2017, 10:26

Thanks but on my phone i don't have those buttons

BottomDweller

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Tue 15 Aug 2017, 09:18

Sorry, I don't know how to add photos from a phone. By default the when you log on on a phone you get a mobile friendly version of the site, which because I'm use to using the PC version I don't like. You can select to use the PC version on your phone, and then those buttons are available to you, but I can't remember quite how. The PC version of the site, looks quite small on a phone, but is useable.
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Tue 15 Aug 2017, 09:30

With regard to raising young, if you want to breed, you need more than one tank. The young can stay with the parents for about a month after they become free swimming, but after that it gets too crowded and the youngsters annoy their parents by nibbling at them. A 3ft, 20 gallon tank would probably be big enough to raise about 100 youngsters to saleable size, but give them more space and they'd grow more rapidly. Finally, if you've bred them and raised them, chances are you will want to keep at least a couple, so realistically, if you want to get into breeding you'll need at least 3 tanks. One to raise fry in, one for a breeding pair, and one to keep the adults in when they're not breeding.
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down