UK Angelfish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available. Empty
Latest topics
» Hello everyone - just joined the forum.
For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available. EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 13:49 by TrevorGreenfield

» Is there anybody out there?
For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available. EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:51 by Mims_0

» Which option would you choose?
For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available. EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:49 by Mims_0

» Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange
For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available. EmptyWed 13 Sep 2017, 10:37 by Pterophyllum

» Hi all. =)
For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available. EmptySun 03 Sep 2017, 15:52 by Pterophyllum

» Disaster has struck!!!
For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available. EmptyThu 24 Aug 2017, 11:32 by Pterophyllum

» Scottish Members.
For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available. EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017, 14:36 by wildreddeer

» Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank
For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available. EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017, 09:30 by Pterophyllum

» Just Testing
For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available. EmptyWed 02 Aug 2017, 21:19 by bridgegirl99

post deleted

Mon 24 Jul 2017, 16:09 by fredothedictator

post deleted

Comments: 2

Sunset Koi Angelfish

Sun 16 Oct 2016, 19:30 by MatthewHalliday

Shalom Everyone I want to buy some Sunset Koi Angelfish I bought one …

Comments: 3

WANTED Bugarian Greens/Albino Dantum

Sun 19 Jun 2016, 02:04 by Toondog

As the title suggest I'm trying to track down some Bulgarian Seal …

Comments: 0

Counter
free counters
For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available. Header4 For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available. Helios

For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available.

+6
Pterophyllum
JamieDurrant
chiligum
uk bulldog
kim554x
Ghipsi
10 posters

Go down

For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available. Empty For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available.

Post  Ghipsi Tue 28 Feb 2012, 16:24

For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het)

Introducing Smokey Ghost pb het Angelfish!
These are stunning young Angelfish that have colours that will intensify with age.
Bred to grace any aquarium sutable for Angelfish, these youngsters also have been bred to carry specific genetics for breeding projects.
So what is special about these Angels? Well they don't just carry a smokey gene but also a stripeless gene & a Blue gene from their Singapore Blue father.
When bred together they will produce a range of Angelfish colours inc Blushing, Ghost, Smokey, Chocolate & Blue! AND some of the youngsters WILL BE Chocolate Paraiba!!!! AKA Blushing Blue Chocolate, a very rare & beautiful blue strain of angelfish!
For those of you that would like to know the genetics of these youngsters: Sm/+ - S/+ - +/pb

Sizes and price:
5p bodysize @ £1.00 each
10p bodysize @ £1.50 each
50p Bodysize @ £2.00 each
Wholesale enquiries welcome Very Happy

For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available. Dscf1412

For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available. Dscf1527

For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available. Dscf1528

For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available. Dscf1413

I will not be breeding these particular youngsters again as they carry the genetics I was aiming for.
Pickup from Near Holywell, North Wales or postage is available by Royal Mail Special Delivery (next day by 1pm)
All fish for posting will be starved for 2 days, packed in a polybox with heat pack & Bag Buddies & then posted as late in the day as I can manage Smile

Postage costs:
£15 for upto 8 5p sized fish, 4 10p sized fish or 2 50p sized fish
£30 for Adult Fish or 40 5p sized fish, 20 10p sized fish or 10 50p sized fish
Postage fee covers Special Delivery, Polystyrene Box, Heat packs, Bag Buddies etc.

Payments by PayPal, Bank Transfare or cash on pickup.
Alive arrival guarentee Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Ghipsi
Ghipsi
Admin

Back to top Go down

For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available. Empty Re: For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available.

Post  kim554x Wed 29 Feb 2012, 08:15

Hi
I would love to have half a dozen but the postage makes it too expensive, what I am going to have to do is organise a day trip from Plymouth and drive up, that way there is one or two other people that I could arrange to see at the same time. Have to say you have some cracking youngsters and I hope to arrange a visit in the coming weeks.
Regards
Kim
kim554x
kim554x

Back to top Go down

For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available. Empty Re: For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available.

Post  uk bulldog Wed 29 Feb 2012, 08:36

Hi Lisa you have some great looking youngsters there, just a shame there not what i'm looking for.

Paul
uk bulldog
uk bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghipsi Wed 29 Feb 2012, 13:20

Kim, I look forward to meeting you Very Happy
Paul, don't worry I have more types of Angels to list, just haven't had the time yet Cool , as going to sort piccy of the Koi I was thinking for you to see if it is male or female, fingers crossed Smile
Ghipsi
Ghipsi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chiligum Sun 18 Mar 2012, 22:25

I'm not usually into domestics (the fish kind,not the marriage kind), but these are looking great!
chiligum
chiligum

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghipsi Sun 18 Mar 2012, 23:10

Thanks Very Happy
Ghipsi
Ghipsi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JamieDurrant Mon 19 Mar 2012, 23:40

Hello, i have been looking for some nice blue angelfish for some time now and have not been successful everyone i find is either in Scotland or Wales and i live in East Anglia and of which these do not offer delivery. Will the brown on the top of the body turn a blue colour? I understand they wont 'colour up' until 50p size but which part of these fish will turn blue.

Also, what other colour varieties do you have available? Ill possibly be looking at getting around 20 50p size as long as you have different ones available.

JamieDurrant

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghipsi Tue 20 Mar 2012, 07:48

Hi Jamie, fist of all Welcome to the forum Very Happy
As to the Angels in this add, they only carry a single blue gene (pb gene) and to realy get the blue colouring a fish needs to carry 2 blue genes (pb/pb). The true value in these fish is that they each carry the one blue gene & a number of other genes that will make their youngstock very impressive with a number of different Blue types of Angelsfish. They spawns will show the blue from an early age due to the strain of Blue Angelfish I used to add the genes that I was wanting. (if you need to know more then let me know Very Happy )

Here are updated images of these youngsters:

For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available. Dscf1831

For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available. Dscf1912
Ghipsi
Ghipsi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghipsi Tue 20 Mar 2012, 07:51

Opps, forgot to add what else is available at the moment:

Various Blue types of Angels, Red Devils, Koi (pb het), Gold Marble (pb het), Blue Koi (pb het), Silver Gold Marbles (pb het) etc
I will add a load of images soon.
Any extra special individuals are usualy spotted & reserved by breeders from the images I post about the forum.
Lisa
Ghipsi
Ghipsi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JamieDurrant Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:41

Ghipsi wrote:Hi Jamie, fist of all Welcome to the forum Very Happy
As to the Angels in this add, they only carry a single blue gene (pb gene) and to realy get the blue colouring a fish needs to carry 2 blue genes (pb/pb). The true value in these fish is that they each carry the one blue gene & a number of other genes that will make their youngstock very impressive with a number of different Blue types of Angelsfish. They spawns will show the blue from an early age due to the strain of Blue Angelfish I used to add the genes that I was wanting. (if you need to know more then let me know Very Happy )

Yeah, im only new to this and i get confused with the old PB/PB or PB HET i have just found out by guessing PB stand for Philippine Blue or Pinoy blue one or the other as for HET i have no idea. I dont get the abbreviations you use for your strains like when you say PB/PB + G/G - PB HET i have no idea what any of that means why are their pluses and why are their minuses? I got some Blue zebra angels from where i work what would they be called? They cost me a bomb in the shop. The main ones im looking for are the ones like Blue marble where their is distinct colour difference between the blue and black i saw a picture on this forum of one and it is stunning. I'd also like some just Blues and some of your 'smoky blues'?

JamieDurrant

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:13

Hi Jamie

Blue results from a recessive gene called Philippine Blue, this is denoted as pb. A fish can be homozygous for pb, that is to say it has inherrited two copies of the gene, one from each of it's parents, or it can be heterozygous for the gene having inherrited one copy of the gene from one parent, and a wildtype gene from it's other parent, this is written as +/pb and is often refered to as het pb. Finally it could have no philippine blue genes.
A recessive gene is one where two copies of the gene are required for the effect of the gene to "express", a fish that is "het for pb" is visually (almost) impossible to destinguish from a fish which doesn't carry the gene at all. But mated to a partner with at least 1 copy of the gene, some of their offspring will be homozygous for pb and will therefore be blues.

Zebra is caused by a different gene found at a different location (known as a gene locus, plural loci), zebra is a dominant gene, so a heterozygous fish (Z/+) is visually (almost) impossible to destinguish from a fish which is homozygous for the gene (Z/Z). Notice that a plus sign is also used to indicate the wild type version (allele) of the zebra gene.

A blue zebra will either be Z/+ - pb/pb or Z/Z - pb/pb
mating the former to a wildtype fish +/+ - +/+ will produce two types of offspring :-
Z/+ - +/pb i.e. normal zebras "het for pb" and +/+ - +/pb silvers "het for pb"
notice that when writing the genetic formula that a dominant gene is written in upper case, and a recessive gene in lower case, and that the a dominant gene is written first, whilst a recessive gene last so:-
+/pb and not pb/+ or +/PB and Z/+ not z/+ or +/Z.

To get a blue marble, mate your blue zebra to a normal marble (marble is dominant gene found at a third locus)
M/+ - +/+ - +/+ x +/+ - Z/+ - pb/pb

Mating two of the offspring, at least one of them marbled, will give you some blue marbles.

HTH

Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:31

One further point which can cause confusion "Blue Koi" is a variety which was developed and named before the discovery of the philippine blue gene. A "Blue koi" is a blushing fish with one gold marble and one wildtype gene, written Gm/+ - S/S. Hence Lisa refering to hers as :-
Blue Koi (pb het),
in other words Gm/+ - S/S - +/pb

A blue koi that was homozygous for pb would be called a paraiba blue koi. Take a look at this thread, every shade of blue hopefully it will help!

In the above S stands for Stripeless, the stripeless gene is an allele of Zebra, it is an incomplete dominant, meaning that a heterozygous fish can readily be destinguished visually both from a homozygous fish and from a fish without the gene. A fish that is S/+ is called a ghost, whilst an S/S fish is called blushing. An S/Z fish is called a clown. Because zebra and stripeless are alleles, you can't get a blushing zebra.
Gm stands for gold marble, it is a dominant gene and an allele of marble.
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  endlessendlers Tue 20 Mar 2012, 13:08

JamieDurrant wrote:Hello, i have been looking for some nice blue angelfish for some time now and have not been successful everyone i find is either in Scotland or Wales and i live in East Anglia and of which these do not offer delivery. Will the brown on the top of the body turn a blue colour? I understand they wont 'colour up' until 50p size but which part of these fish will turn blue.

Also, what other colour varieties do you have available? Ill possibly be looking at getting around 20 50p size as long as you have different ones available.

Hi Jamie. I can recommend Ghipsi's het pb blue koi. I have 5 and they are gorgeous. Breed them to each other and you'll get a percentage of double dose pb. Take a look at this link https://uk-angelfishforum.forumotion.co.uk/t111-blue-koi-and-blue-koi-paraiba. It might help you to decide.
endlessendlers
endlessendlers

Back to top Go down

Post  chiligum Tue 20 Mar 2012, 16:09

My brain can only learn 1 thing a day and it has already done that, so this little lot will have to wait for another day when my brain is less full!
chiligum
chiligum

Back to top Go down

Post  JamieDurrant Tue 20 Mar 2012, 19:46

chiligum wrote:My brain can only learn 1 thing a day and it has already done that, so this little lot will have to wait for another day when my brain is less full!
Dont worry your not the only one completely lost, could i see pictures of your other angels the names mean nothing to me im afraid i have to see them to know what they look like.

Definately going to get some, i get paid around the end of the month if i chuck in some extra quid could you pick out some beauties for me?

JamieDurrant

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghipsi Tue 20 Mar 2012, 20:01

No problem as soon as I get a chance I will sort images out properly Very Happy
Lisa
Ghipsi
Ghipsi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JamieDurrant Tue 20 Mar 2012, 20:11

Ghipsi wrote:No problem as soon as I get a chance I will sort images out properly Very Happy
Lisa
Ok thank you, if i upload a picture of my angels could you identify them for me? Im sure they are blue silvers but im not 100% sure

JamieDurrant

Back to top Go down

Post  endlessendlers Tue 20 Mar 2012, 22:33

JamieDurrant wrote:
Ghipsi wrote:No problem as soon as I get a chance I will sort images out properly Very Happy
Lisa
Ok thank you, if i upload a picture of my angels could you identify them for me? Im sure they are blue silvers but im not 100% sure

Yes, bring on the pics! Put it in the "What have I Got?" Section.
endlessendlers
endlessendlers

Back to top Go down

Post  johny mac Fri 18 Jan 2013, 22:22

[quote="Ghipsi"]For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het)

Introducing Smokey Ghost pb het Angelfish!
These are stunning young Angelfish that have colours that will intensify with age.
Bred to grace any aquarium sutable for Angelfish, these youngsters also have been bred to carry specific genetics for breeding projects.
So what is special about these Angels? Well they don't just carry a smokey gene but also a stripeless gene & a Blue gene from their Singapore Blue father.
When bred together they will produce a range of Angelfish colours inc Blushing, Ghost, Smokey, Chocolate & Blue! AND some of the youngsters WILL BE Chocolate Paraiba!!!! AKA Blushing Blue Chocolate, a very rare & beautiful blue strain of angelfish!
For those of you that would like to know the genetics of these youngsters: Sm/+ - S/+ - +/pb

Sizes and price:
5p bodysize @ £1.00 each
10p bodysize @ £1.50 each
50p Bodysize @ £2.00 each
Wholesale enquiries welcome Very Happy

For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available. Dscf1412

For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available. Dscf1527

For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available. Dscf1528

For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available. Dscf1413

I will not be breeding these particular youngsters again as they carry the genetics I was aiming for.
Pickup from Near Holywell, North Wales or postage is available by Royal Mail Special Delivery (next day by 1pm)
All fish for posting will be starved for 2 days, packed in a polybox with heat pack & Bag Buddies & then posted as late in the day as I can manage Smile

Postage costs:
£15 for upto 8 5p sized fish, 4 10p sized fish or 2 50p sized fish
£30 for Adult Fish or 40 5p sized fish, 20 10p sized fish or 10 50p sized fish
Postage fee covers Special Delivery, Polystyrene Box, Heat packs, Bag Buddies etc.

Payments by PayPal, Bank Transfare or cash on pickup.
Alive arrival guarentee Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
hello my name is john can you send me a mobile number so i can come pick up some andgelfish ,small ones i want four.i work at airbus down the road

johny mac

Back to top Go down

For sale: Smokey Ghosts (pb het) pickup North Wales or Postage available. Empty i see u selling

Post  Plymouth Angel Fri 07 Mar 2014, 15:41

Hi it not leting me pm u so do u have some for sell

Plymouth Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  andrewjw28 Sat 10 Jan 2015, 11:31

Do you still have these for sale ?

andrewjw28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down