UK Angelfish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

What foods do you feed your Angels on? Empty
Latest topics
» Hello everyone - just joined the forum.
What foods do you feed your Angels on? EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 13:49 by TrevorGreenfield

» Is there anybody out there?
What foods do you feed your Angels on? EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:51 by Mims_0

» Which option would you choose?
What foods do you feed your Angels on? EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:49 by Mims_0

» Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange
What foods do you feed your Angels on? EmptyWed 13 Sep 2017, 10:37 by Pterophyllum

» Hi all. =)
What foods do you feed your Angels on? EmptySun 03 Sep 2017, 15:52 by Pterophyllum

» Disaster has struck!!!
What foods do you feed your Angels on? EmptyThu 24 Aug 2017, 11:32 by Pterophyllum

» Scottish Members.
What foods do you feed your Angels on? EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017, 14:36 by wildreddeer

» Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank
What foods do you feed your Angels on? EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017, 09:30 by Pterophyllum

» Just Testing
What foods do you feed your Angels on? EmptyWed 02 Aug 2017, 21:19 by bridgegirl99

post deleted

Mon 24 Jul 2017, 16:09 by fredothedictator

post deleted

Comments: 2

Sunset Koi Angelfish

Sun 16 Oct 2016, 19:30 by MatthewHalliday

Shalom Everyone I want to buy some Sunset Koi Angelfish I bought one …

Comments: 3

WANTED Bugarian Greens/Albino Dantum

Sun 19 Jun 2016, 02:04 by Toondog

As the title suggest I'm trying to track down some Bulgarian Seal …

Comments: 0

Counter
free counters
What foods do you feed your Angels on? Header4 What foods do you feed your Angels on? Helios

What foods do you feed your Angels on?

+3
endlessendlers
Pterophyllum
Ghipsi
7 posters

Go down

What foods do you feed your Angels on? Empty What foods do you feed your Angels on?

Post  Ghipsi Sat 11 Feb 2012, 15:24

Ok, I have been changing around the feeds for my Angels & am not totaly unsure as to what to settle on.
What dry food do you feed your angels on?

Breeding Adults? I find they love the Tetra Pro series.
Growing youngsters (10p bodysize upwards)? I like SAK but the reatail price is too expencive & for the breeder price you need a minumum order of £200 Shocked
Tini Boppers? Not sure where to go after brine shrimp at the moment (I have been using a high protein fine crumb)
Ghipsi
Ghipsi
Admin

Back to top Go down

What foods do you feed your Angels on? Empty Re: What foods do you feed your Angels on?

Post  Pterophyllum Sat 11 Feb 2012, 20:52

Tetramin and baby brine shrimp.
Some of the adults have been getting a little bit of gamma frozen food recently, but in general they just get Tetramin.
Babies just get bbs.
The inbetweenagers get a mixture of the two, the bigger they get the less bbs they get.

Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

What foods do you feed your Angels on? Empty Re: What foods do you feed your Angels on?

Post  endlessendlers Sun 12 Feb 2012, 08:15

Bbs for babies and a little crushed flake until 6 weeks. I've found they grow much quicker. Tetra prima and flakes for larger babies and adults as well as tubifex, but they are not particularly keen on the tubifex.
endlessendlers
endlessendlers

Back to top Go down

Post  baldyman Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:18

BBs for fry up to 4 to 6 weeks depending on size of fry then try to get them started on Red Astrax crumb grade three but still using bbs . Then as they get older more and more Red Astrax. Once they get 10p size they will generally eat anything but i always like to give some Spirulina in their diet.
For juves and adults i find you cant beat Tetra prima it does not cloud the water and live food (White Worm) when conditioning for Breeding.
Dave
baldyman
baldyman

Back to top Go down

Post  chiligum Mon 19 Mar 2012, 18:16

My wild Altums wont touch anything other than flake now i've got them on to it!
Because of this i have,
Garlic
Beefheart
Krill
Earthworm
Brineshrimp
all mixed together and they love it, i feed up to 8 small amounts a day (just like i do when growing young Discus on) and they are growing steadily for me no problems.
That SAK food is some of the finest fish food you will ever buy, but as you pointed out, the price puts most people off!
chiligum
chiligum

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghipsi Mon 19 Mar 2012, 23:11

If anybody is interested in Sak food I canget it pretty Cheap Very Happy , I just need a large enough order.
Lisa Very Happy
Ghipsi
Ghipsi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bogwoppit Wed 21 Mar 2012, 13:24

Tetra crisps (I used to crumble them a little but my Leopoldi can all swallow one whole), bloodworm, king british mini pellets and all the plants they can eat. Laughing

Bogwoppit

Back to top Go down

Post  peachy Sun 15 Mar 2015, 20:49

Tetra prima. They love it.
Also feed flakes, tubifex, bloodworm and brineshrimp.

peachy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down