UK Angelfish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

I have 'invisible' baby cories! - Page 2 Empty
Latest topics
» Hello everyone - just joined the forum.
I have 'invisible' baby cories! - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 13:49 by TrevorGreenfield

» Is there anybody out there?
I have 'invisible' baby cories! - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:51 by Mims_0

» Which option would you choose?
I have 'invisible' baby cories! - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:49 by Mims_0

» Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange
I have 'invisible' baby cories! - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Sep 2017, 10:37 by Pterophyllum

» Hi all. =)
I have 'invisible' baby cories! - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Sep 2017, 15:52 by Pterophyllum

» Disaster has struck!!!
I have 'invisible' baby cories! - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Aug 2017, 11:32 by Pterophyllum

» Scottish Members.
I have 'invisible' baby cories! - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017, 14:36 by wildreddeer

» Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank
I have 'invisible' baby cories! - Page 2 EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017, 09:30 by Pterophyllum

» Just Testing
I have 'invisible' baby cories! - Page 2 EmptyWed 02 Aug 2017, 21:19 by bridgegirl99

post deleted

Mon 24 Jul 2017, 16:09 by fredothedictator

post deleted

Comments: 2

Sunset Koi Angelfish

Sun 16 Oct 2016, 19:30 by MatthewHalliday

Shalom Everyone I want to buy some Sunset Koi Angelfish I bought one …

Comments: 3

WANTED Bugarian Greens/Albino Dantum

Sun 19 Jun 2016, 02:04 by Toondog

As the title suggest I'm trying to track down some Bulgarian Seal …

Comments: 0

Counter
free counters
I have 'invisible' baby cories! - Page 2 Header4 I have 'invisible' baby cories! - Page 2 Helios

I have 'invisible' baby cories!

+2
Pterophyllum
Akasha
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I have 'invisible' baby cories! - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 'invisible' baby cories!

Post  Akasha Mon 24 Aug 2015, 09:16

Hi, he/she is fine! Doing really well. It's definitely a palmeri tetra, I got some clear close up photo's a couple of days ago and you can now see the black line running down the body and into the tail.

I would love to add the photo's but there's something either wrong with photobucket or they've changed the settings and the copy box no longer exists. I now don't know how to add photo's anymore. Sorry about that
Akasha
Akasha

Back to top Go down

I have 'invisible' baby cories! - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 'invisible' baby cories!

Post  endlessendlers Mon 24 Aug 2015, 09:37

Good news then. You can copy the link on Photobucket if you click on "share ".
endlessendlers
endlessendlers

Back to top Go down

Post  Akasha Mon 24 Aug 2015, 09:45

there is no 'share' option now. It used to come up with a box on the right hand side of the photo and I clicked on ... I forget what it said now but I know which one - it said copied and the I just clicked on the photo icon on here and pasted the photo and hit send. Done in a jiffi. All there is on the right hand side on photobucket this morning is

print canvas decor copy
order prints
create metal prints download

The rest of it has gone. Either they've changed things or they've got a fault this morning
Akasha
Akasha

Back to top Go down

Post  endlessendlers Mon 24 Aug 2015, 09:57

This is a Screenshot_2015-08-24-09-53-59.png.html of the Photobucket share options I have 'invisible' baby cories! - Page 2 Screenshot_2015-08-24-09-53-59
endlessendlers
endlessendlers

Back to top Go down

Post  endlessendlers Mon 24 Aug 2015, 10:02

Click on copy link to clipboard and then the IMG option.

Perhaps you need to update the App?
endlessendlers
endlessendlers

Back to top Go down

Post  Akasha Mon 24 Aug 2015, 10:10

I'm on a laptop hun not a mobile or ipad etc.
Akasha
Akasha

Back to top Go down

Post  Akasha Mon 24 Aug 2015, 10:12

I have 'invisible' baby cories! - Page 2 007_zpskfwnulbd

This might work! Lets try
Akasha
Akasha

Back to top Go down

Post  Akasha Mon 24 Aug 2015, 10:13

yey it worked!!

here's the next photo!

I have 'invisible' baby cories! - Page 2 008_zpsef4a2733
Akasha
Akasha

Back to top Go down

Post  endlessendlers Mon 24 Aug 2015, 10:27

Ha I see it. How cute.
endlessendlers
endlessendlers

Back to top Go down

Post  Akasha Mon 24 Aug 2015, 10:31

he/she is still incredibly tiny - as you can probably tell comparing him with the heater end and the sponge filter. I've yet to see him eat anything but looking at the second photo you can see he is eating cos he's got a fat tummy!

I'm currently dipping a pipette into his water and then into the baby food and then adding tiny amounts to his tank. I'm also changing his water every other day. He doesn't like being caught and ousted from his tank while I do this but it's for his own safety. He's got a right attitude on him. When I add him back after the water change he sits at the front for a second and I swear he's giving me evils!
Akasha
Akasha

Back to top Go down

Post  endlessendlers Mon 24 Aug 2015, 10:38

Lol. He/she already has attitude!
endlessendlers
endlessendlers

Back to top Go down

Post  Akasha Wed 02 Sep 2015, 13:11

I thought it might be time for an updated photo of this little fish and my has he/she grown!

I have 'invisible' baby cories! - Page 2 011_zpsm7tpalh8

It's been living in a 30 litre tank that I divided into two with a glass pane years ago. The small side holds 6 litres of water (the glass pane doesn't go right to the top so I can only part fill it) and is tiny. The larger side holds 2 and a half buckets so that's about 19 litres and today I've moved this little fish into the larger side to give it more room.

We now know for sure it's a palmeri tetra but now it's a case of sexing. The male palmeri is bright purple/blue with a bright blue eye and fancy trident tail. The female is more purple/green in colour and has a yellow/green eye with not trident tail.

This little fry is looking more green currently and the eye is looking yellow now so I'm leaning towards a female now. I'm actually hoping for a female and then it can go into my big tank once large enough not to be eaten by the angels!

Akasha
Akasha

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Wed 02 Sep 2015, 14:32

coming on nicely
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  Akasha Wed 02 Sep 2015, 16:28

thank you Very Happy I've actually witnessed it eating over the last couple of days. Previously it was just too small so I presumed it was eating microscopic stuff from the moss and sponge filter. Now it's actively going after the tetraMin baby food so it should come on in leaps and bounds now
Akasha
Akasha

Back to top Go down

Post  endlessendlers Sat 05 Sep 2015, 22:59

So glad to hear your baby is growing and thriving. Looking forward to more pics.
endlessendlers
endlessendlers

Back to top Go down

Post  Akasha Sun 06 Sep 2015, 09:22

I'll keep updating as it grows.

I've now got the full 30 litre tank out of the cupboard and found some gravel and some stones for decor. I'll see what I can scrounge from the main tank in a plant and the little thing can have a proper home until big enough to either go into my main tank or be moved on (depending on sex)
Akasha
Akasha

Back to top Go down

Post  endlessendlers Sun 06 Sep 2015, 09:30

Post pic of his new improved home when set up please.
endlessendlers
endlessendlers

Back to top Go down

Post  Akasha Wed 23 Sep 2015, 16:21

well the little baby is no longer so little. He's actually looking like the fish he's going to be now. There's now a hint of a change in eye colour. Hence the 'he'. I was hoping for a 'she' and to begin with the eye's were yellow/green in colour but today there's a hint of blue. It's still early days and I might still get lucky and it might be a she. I'm now watching signs of the tail extending. If I see the centre point extending then I know I've got a male and not the female I was hoping for.

He/she is still very feisty. He/she darts round the tank now so fast that getting photo's is not longer easy! He/she is just too quick!

Anyway, enough waffle here's some photo's that I did manage to capture Smile

I have 'invisible' baby cories! - Page 2 002_zpsfnek3hdz

I have 'invisible' baby cories! - Page 2 009_zpsqlxudvc2

I have 'invisible' baby cories! - Page 2 011_zps45brln8l

and one of his little home for endlessendlers

I have 'invisible' baby cories! - Page 2 014_zps9ofb93q2
Akasha
Akasha

Back to top Go down

Post  endlessendlers Wed 23 Sep 2015, 16:30

Wow what a transformation. He/she is doing well. Keep us informed.
endlessendlers
endlessendlers

Back to top Go down

Post  Akasha Wed 23 Sep 2015, 16:41

thanks, I will. I love watching baby fish develop. I'm still shocked that this little fella survived from such a miniscule size! I must have a gift or something lol
Akasha
Akasha

Back to top Go down

Post  Akasha Sat 10 Oct 2015, 15:10

well I have more eggs (shame it's not angelfish eggs!) I woke up to a clutch of around a dozen on the glass. Some had been eaten and they were just starting to harden so getting them off the glass was fun! I've managed to get 8 into a pot with an airstone. Again, they look like cory eggs but we've been here before! We shall see what hatches - if anything Rolling Eyes
Akasha
Akasha

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Sat 10 Oct 2015, 16:47

Very Happy Good luck
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  Akasha Sat 10 Oct 2015, 19:45

thanks Rob! I'll be interested to see what comes out if they hatch. I'm still confused as to how I got the tetra baby from what looked like cory eggs!. If these are tetra eggs they then break with the traditional egg scattering of that type of fish and they are blooming big eggs for such a small fish Shocked ... ouch is all I can say lol

I'll keep things updated
Akasha
Akasha

Back to top Go down

Post  Akasha Mon 12 Oct 2015, 12:37

the time has come now to let the baby tetra go. I've checked on it again today and got a good close up and it is definitely male. His fancy trident tail is just starting to develop and now that I have these eggs and need to make space for them I'm going to have to say bye bye to him.

I've just messaged my lfs to ask if they have room for him in the store and I'm waiting for a reply.

I'm feeling rather sad Sad
Akasha
Akasha

Back to top Go down

Post  Akasha Thu 15 Oct 2015, 08:55

Finally the title of this thread makes sense! I have baby cories - although not invisable!

These were them hatching late last night

I have 'invisible' baby cories! - Page 2 010_zpswmu8swuc

And a clearer photo

I have 'invisible' baby cories! - Page 2 014_zpsjr8umedd

I have 6 in total and I'm certain they are panda cories even though the eggs were laid during the night. Before I went to the bed on the night the eggs were laid I had a male and female panda displaying breeding behaviour. In the morning I woke up to eggs on the glass. Also in the close up of the newly hatched fry there looks to be a dark stripe over the head and eye area so based on those things I'm going with 6 new panda cories.

These will be going to my lfs once ready. I already have 6 panda's, I don't need any more Smile
Akasha
Akasha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next