UK Angelfish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

ventral fins Empty
Latest topics
» Hello everyone - just joined the forum.
ventral fins EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 13:49 by TrevorGreenfield

» Is there anybody out there?
ventral fins EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:51 by Mims_0

» Which option would you choose?
ventral fins EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:49 by Mims_0

» Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange
ventral fins EmptyWed 13 Sep 2017, 10:37 by Pterophyllum

» Hi all. =)
ventral fins EmptySun 03 Sep 2017, 15:52 by Pterophyllum

» Disaster has struck!!!
ventral fins EmptyThu 24 Aug 2017, 11:32 by Pterophyllum

» Scottish Members.
ventral fins EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017, 14:36 by wildreddeer

» Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank
ventral fins EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017, 09:30 by Pterophyllum

» Just Testing
ventral fins EmptyWed 02 Aug 2017, 21:19 by bridgegirl99

post deleted

Mon 24 Jul 2017, 16:09 by fredothedictator

post deleted

Comments: 2

Sunset Koi Angelfish

Sun 16 Oct 2016, 19:30 by MatthewHalliday

Shalom Everyone I want to buy some Sunset Koi Angelfish I bought one …

Comments: 3

WANTED Bugarian Greens/Albino Dantum

Sun 19 Jun 2016, 02:04 by Toondog

As the title suggest I'm trying to track down some Bulgarian Seal …

Comments: 0

Counter
free counters
ventral fins Header4 ventral fins Helios

ventral fins

3 posters

Go down

ventral fins Empty ventral fins

Post  bridgegirl99 Sat 30 May 2015, 23:02

I know I've asked before, but they were my fish from pearlscale offspring, so the missing ventral fins were "expected", but today I went to my lfs to have a look (as you do), and they have had 2 shipments of angels, one lot were veils, very small and not much interest to me, the other batch were blushing (I think) but there was one that attracted me, it was really quite dark grey, I could see blue round its gills, again these were very small and poor quality, lots with missing ventrals etc,the one I was interested in had of course stubs for ventrals, might these have been damaged in shipment? or just poor quality fish? I wanted to offer it a home for a discount (of course), or should I just steer clear??

Down "sarth" we have very little variety of Angels, and I'm desperate for something new, I have my gorgeous blues which I'm totally in love with, but I'd love something like our cousins across the pond have!

I was just wondering if this little runt would be worth the challenge or should I leave well alone?? Rolling Eyes

bridgegirl99

Back to top Go down

ventral fins Empty Re: ventral fins

Post  Pterophyllum Sun 31 May 2015, 00:36

So to summarise your question is :-

Should I buy a small, deformed, poor quality, possibly diseased, runt from a tank containing many other fish that were missing ventrals etc. in the hope that it might blossom into something wonderful?

Do you really need someone to answer that for you Smile ? Or are you just seeking confirmation that you made the right decision in leaving it where it was?

For what it's worth, if the fins are stubs rather than completely missing, it's possible that their absence is due to damage rather than genetic, but a fish that's in the sort of state you're describing is unlikely to grow into a show winning specimen no matter how much TLC you lavish on it.
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  bridgegirl99 Sun 31 May 2015, 10:57

Laughing put like that Rob, you're quite right why am I asking??? and more to the point why are they asking £7.50 for them?? Embarassed Crying or Very sad

I'll have to come and pay you a visit sometime I think!! Razz

bridgegirl99

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Sun 31 May 2015, 12:22

I'll have to come and pay you a visit sometime I think!!
That would be good, but as a good second best, I'm hoping that I should be in a position to ship to most parts of the UK, hopefully, sometime in the next few weeks!
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  bridgegirl99 Sun 31 May 2015, 15:46

oooooooooooooooooo excited now Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

bridgegirl99

Back to top Go down

Post  Deans_Angels Mon 01 Jun 2015, 03:49

Pterophyllum wrote:I'm hoping that I should be in a position to ship to most parts of the UK, hopefully, sometime in the next few weeks!

That sounds good. I like the idea of independent angelfish breeders supplying direct to customers, or trade. Most pet shop / aquatics stores I visit either don't stock, stock very little or stock very poor quality angelfish which is very disappointing.

Bridgegirl99, if you see an angel and you think 'wow, I'm having that', take some time to watch it. Ask a member of staff 'what do you know about this / these angel/s?' is a good place to start as they could point you in the direction of a more knowledgeable member of staff - after that discussion if you're happy, buy it - choose the one you want, don't let them lucky dip you. If you're a little unsure, leave the shop and consider going back another day to see how it's getting on. If you find that you're making excuses for it, walk away. If it's a cracking fish, you wouldn't be considering a discount unless you were buying quite a few.

...well fingers crossed. Might be able to bag a chocolate and koi Paraiba Suspect

Deans_Angels

http://www.angelfish.org,uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down