UK Angelfish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

Newbie, please help identify my Angels Empty
Latest topics
» Hello everyone - just joined the forum.
Newbie, please help identify my Angels EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 13:49 by TrevorGreenfield

» Is there anybody out there?
Newbie, please help identify my Angels EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:51 by Mims_0

» Which option would you choose?
Newbie, please help identify my Angels EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:49 by Mims_0

» Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange
Newbie, please help identify my Angels EmptyWed 13 Sep 2017, 10:37 by Pterophyllum

» Hi all. =)
Newbie, please help identify my Angels EmptySun 03 Sep 2017, 15:52 by Pterophyllum

» Disaster has struck!!!
Newbie, please help identify my Angels EmptyThu 24 Aug 2017, 11:32 by Pterophyllum

» Scottish Members.
Newbie, please help identify my Angels EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017, 14:36 by wildreddeer

» Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank
Newbie, please help identify my Angels EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017, 09:30 by Pterophyllum

» Just Testing
Newbie, please help identify my Angels EmptyWed 02 Aug 2017, 21:19 by bridgegirl99

post deleted

Mon 24 Jul 2017, 16:09 by fredothedictator

post deleted

Comments: 2

Sunset Koi Angelfish

Sun 16 Oct 2016, 19:30 by MatthewHalliday

Shalom Everyone I want to buy some Sunset Koi Angelfish I bought one …

Comments: 3

WANTED Bugarian Greens/Albino Dantum

Sun 19 Jun 2016, 02:04 by Toondog

As the title suggest I'm trying to track down some Bulgarian Seal …

Comments: 0

Counter
free counters
Newbie, please help identify my Angels Header4 Newbie, please help identify my Angels Helios

Newbie, please help identify my Angels

2 posters

Go down

Newbie, please help identify my Angels Empty Newbie, please help identify my Angels

Post  sandfire Fri 03 Jan 2014, 22:48

Hi everyone.

I am pretty new to Angels but been a fish keeper for about 25 years, really got into my Angels recently in a big way. I have a few young fish, mostly blues as I have completely fallen for them.

Sorry picture quality not great in some photos, they thought they were being fed and would not stay still.

Newbie, please help identify my Angels Bluean10

Newbie, please help identify my Angels Blues112

Newbie, please help identify my Angels Groupa10

Can anyone tell me which blues they are?

Newbie, please help identify my Angels Unknow10

This guy was gorgeous, until the idiot in the shop damaged him while netting. His eye is getting better on its own but his gill plate was also damaged. I hope he recovers fully, I have had him about a month. I know its not a great photo but any idea what colour he is?

These I picked up today... love at first site!! I saw them in the shop and just HAD to have them, they were labeled as 'Wild Angels' I adore them, so pretty, I was wondering if anyone could tell what sort they are? They have very distinguished dark bands and also their heads look slightly different to my 'captive breds' specially in the nose.

Newbie, please help identify my Angels Wildan10

Newbie, please help identify my Angels Wildan11

Newbie, please help identify my Angels Wildan12

If anyone can help out a newbie, that be great! Once they are mature I would love to start a breeding program.

Thanks!
sandfire
sandfire

Back to top Go down

Newbie, please help identify my Angels Empty Re: Newbie, please help identify my Angels

Post  Pterophyllum Sat 04 Jan 2014, 00:47

Hi Welcome to the forum

1st photo is a ghost, hard to be sure from the photo, but it appears to be a blue ghost.
2nd photo hard to be sure but two blue ghosts and a blue silver or possibly zebra on the left.
3rd, as for 2, with a smokey blushing at the bottom.
4th, too dark to tell, but may be a leopard or leopard lace
The rest do have the look of wilds, but what region they are from is hard to determine. Wild fish are referred to as "silver angels"

HTH
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Newbie, please help identify my Angels Empty Re: Newbie, please help identify my Angels

Post  sandfire Sat 04 Jan 2014, 21:35

Thank you, I am really pleased with my Angels, they are in a 300l planted aquarium and I am so hooked on them. I have a spare 180l tank which I might convert to a setup just for the wilds, they are def a pair and very happy with the others but they also been picking at a branch in the tank (hopefully cleaning it), it be fantastic if I could breed them.
sandfire
sandfire

Back to top Go down

Newbie, please help identify my Angels Empty There are Peruvian Angels

Post  sandfire Tue 07 Jan 2014, 14:42

Just spoke to the fish expert from the shop I got my wild Angels and they are Peruvian. Really knowledgeable guy said he was not sure where the exact site/tributary but defiantly Peruvian. He tells me more are coming in over the next month and they even have a big 'event' on the 15th and 16th February and will def have them in by then for the event. I am so going to try and get some more :)If anyone else is interested its Romsey World of Water down in Hampshire Smile
sandfire
sandfire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down