UK Angelfish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

Struggling to determine if this will be a pair one day Empty
Latest topics
» Hello everyone - just joined the forum.
Struggling to determine if this will be a pair one day EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 13:49 by TrevorGreenfield

» Is there anybody out there?
Struggling to determine if this will be a pair one day EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:51 by Mims_0

» Which option would you choose?
Struggling to determine if this will be a pair one day EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:49 by Mims_0

» Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange
Struggling to determine if this will be a pair one day EmptyWed 13 Sep 2017, 10:37 by Pterophyllum

» Hi all. =)
Struggling to determine if this will be a pair one day EmptySun 03 Sep 2017, 15:52 by Pterophyllum

» Disaster has struck!!!
Struggling to determine if this will be a pair one day EmptyThu 24 Aug 2017, 11:32 by Pterophyllum

» Scottish Members.
Struggling to determine if this will be a pair one day EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017, 14:36 by wildreddeer

» Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank
Struggling to determine if this will be a pair one day EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017, 09:30 by Pterophyllum

» Just Testing
Struggling to determine if this will be a pair one day EmptyWed 02 Aug 2017, 21:19 by bridgegirl99

post deleted

Mon 24 Jul 2017, 16:09 by fredothedictator

post deleted

Comments: 2

Sunset Koi Angelfish

Sun 16 Oct 2016, 19:30 by MatthewHalliday

Shalom Everyone I want to buy some Sunset Koi Angelfish I bought one …

Comments: 3

WANTED Bugarian Greens/Albino Dantum

Sun 19 Jun 2016, 02:04 by Toondog

As the title suggest I'm trying to track down some Bulgarian Seal …

Comments: 0

Counter
free counters
Struggling to determine if this will be a pair one day Header4 Struggling to determine if this will be a pair one day Helios

Struggling to determine if this will be a pair one day

4 posters

Go down

Struggling to determine if this will be a pair one day Empty Struggling to determine if this will be a pair one day

Post  mkinsella Wed 23 Dec 2015, 16:19

I have 2 young angelfish I'm hoping are a pair but I'm struggling to determine the sex, maybe they are too young. I've read the previous topics but I'm still none the wiser. Can anyone help? The first 3 of pics are of the smallest of the 2, he/she looks very different from either side but it's the same fish. The last 2 are of the bigger one but I think it's mostly fins, body size is only slightly bigger.
Struggling to determine if this will be a pair one day Img_2011
Struggling to determine if this will be a pair one day Img_2012
Struggling to determine if this will be a pair one day Img_2013
Struggling to determine if this will be a pair one day Img_2014
Struggling to determine if this will be a pair one day Img_2015
mkinsella
mkinsella

Back to top Go down

Struggling to determine if this will be a pair one day Empty Re: Struggling to determine if this will be a pair one day

Post  bridgegirl99 Wed 23 Dec 2015, 19:21

I'll have a guess for fun 'cos I'm no expert, but I'd say two females

bridgegirl99

Back to top Go down

Struggling to determine if this will be a pair one day Empty Re: Struggling to determine if this will be a pair one day

Post  mkinsella Wed 23 Dec 2015, 20:48

Thanks for havung a stab at it but I have a bad feeling you might be right :-)
mkinsella
mkinsella

Back to top Go down

Post  wildreddeer Fri 25 Dec 2015, 11:13

Hi And a Merry Xmas to you.
No marks given for Photography, a wee bit out of focus. At first glance I would have easily said they were both female. But after a good look I have my doubts about the second on. So could you please take two more photos. Side on to include nose and tail. With them being so young, and young they are. It make s i a bit more awkward to determine. But it can be done. The problem lies that all angels have the characteristics of a female. Determine on how they have been feed to when they start to show there sex. Some sooner than others. So please don't think you have two females. I have a funny feeling you haven't. Going by the way the first photo were taken, I take it you have read my article on sexing angels. If not you may wish to do so. But be warned it is not something you can learn over night. Please keep me updated with the photos and what would be interesting to find out is there ages.
Best regards
Phil
santa
wildreddeer
wildreddeer

Back to top Go down

Post  bridgegirl99 Fri 25 Dec 2015, 11:37

Ahh Phil, I was using your method ...................... but I'm seeing what you see now!

bridgegirl99

Back to top Go down

Post  mkinsella Fri 25 Dec 2015, 12:21

Thanks for the replies, here are some more photos, the problem is when I uploaded them they were of all the fish but in the post it has cropped a lot out, maybe if you click on the photos it will show the whole thing? Here are some more pics of the larger fish anyway. I've had the larger one about 2 months and at a guess I'd say he/she was 3-4 months old then so now 5 months. Nose to tail about 2.5 inches. I have 2 others in another tank the same that I got at the same time which I'm hoping are a pair but these 2 I wanted to try something different with breeding. Thanks again for the help and merry Christmas :-)
Struggling to determine if this will be a pair one day Img_2016
Struggling to determine if this will be a pair one day Img_2017
mkinsella
mkinsella

Back to top Go down

Post  Akasha Fri 25 Dec 2015, 17:14

I'm still learning Phil's method too and at first I thought two females but after looking at the 2nd batch of photo's I'd guess the angel in the the first photo (in the 2nd batch) is a young male. Not sure ... just a feeling. He looks a bit like my boy did when I first got him and I was certain he was a girl lol

.... now I'll just wait for Phil to embarress me and tell "wrong"
Akasha
Akasha

Back to top Go down

Post  wildreddeer Sat 26 Dec 2015, 10:47

This does not seam right somehow.

In all the thread how many fish have you photographed.

The reason I ask this, is because the first three in this thread do not resemble the last two you have taken.

The markings are not the same.

It might pat to take a shot at all the fish so we can see what we are up against.

Question
wildreddeer
wildreddeer

Back to top Go down

Post  mkinsella Sat 26 Dec 2015, 10:59

I have posted photographs of 2 fish. The last 2 photos are the same fish as the larger fish in the first set of photos. I merely mentioned another pair in another tank but all the photos are of the 2 original fish I was questioning the gender.
mkinsella
mkinsella

Back to top Go down

Post  mkinsella Sat 26 Dec 2015, 11:02

They look different viewed from the other side of the fish but trust me they are the same. I only have 2 fish in this tank and I don't have any photos on this phone of any other fish.
mkinsella
mkinsella

Back to top Go down

Post  mkinsella Sat 26 Dec 2015, 11:04

Having said that.... I will double check
mkinsella
mkinsella

Back to top Go down

Post  mkinsella Sat 26 Dec 2015, 11:09

Yes, I've definitely only posted photos of 2 fish. The last 3 photos were of the second fish in.the first set of photos which I thought was the fish that needed clarifying. I can post more of both if you want? Thanks again for your help :-)
mkinsella
mkinsella

Back to top Go down

Post  wildreddeer Sat 26 Dec 2015, 12:13

That's better. It all makes sense now. The fist 5 were off 2 fish and the second 2 were both the same fish. And there was me thinking the last 2 were posted as different, but I could not see the difference. Thanks for clarifying that. It was not you fault. It is done very regular. People post more pictures with out saying which is which and it does get confusing. Sorry about that. Now lets get down to the sexing. I am going to play around with the pictures and I'll get back with the verdict later today.
Embarassed
wildreddeer
wildreddeer

Back to top Go down

Post  wildreddeer Sat 26 Dec 2015, 12:36

It's no good prolonging the agony.

I'll stick with my Cool first opinion.

I was hoping I was going to bring you good news for Christmas, but no, Alas you have 2 Females.

Cool
wildreddeer
wildreddeer

Back to top Go down

Post  mkinsella Sat 26 Dec 2015, 12:49

No problem, it's good to know :-) I have a couple of others to work with, so hopefully the others are not female too
mkinsella
mkinsella

Back to top Go down

Post  wildreddeer Mon 28 Dec 2015, 12:30

Your welcome.
Please feel free to post the other pictures of your angels.
Phil
Cool
wildreddeer
wildreddeer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down