UK Angelfish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange Empty
Latest topics
» Hello everyone - just joined the forum.
Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 13:49 by TrevorGreenfield

» Is there anybody out there?
Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:51 by Mims_0

» Which option would you choose?
Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:49 by Mims_0

» Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange
Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange EmptyWed 13 Sep 2017, 10:37 by Pterophyllum

» Hi all. =)
Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange EmptySun 03 Sep 2017, 15:52 by Pterophyllum

» Disaster has struck!!!
Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange EmptyThu 24 Aug 2017, 11:32 by Pterophyllum

» Scottish Members.
Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017, 14:36 by wildreddeer

» Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank
Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017, 09:30 by Pterophyllum

» Just Testing
Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange EmptyWed 02 Aug 2017, 21:19 by bridgegirl99

post deleted

Mon 24 Jul 2017, 16:09 by fredothedictator

post deleted

Comments: 2

Sunset Koi Angelfish

Sun 16 Oct 2016, 19:30 by MatthewHalliday

Shalom Everyone I want to buy some Sunset Koi Angelfish I bought one …

Comments: 3

WANTED Bugarian Greens/Albino Dantum

Sun 19 Jun 2016, 02:04 by Toondog

As the title suggest I'm trying to track down some Bulgarian Seal …

Comments: 0

Counter
free counters
Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange Header4 Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange Helios

Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange

2 posters

Go down

Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange Empty Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange

Post  Anthony1708 Sun 03 Sep 2017, 12:51

Hi all I need help. I have been fish keeping for over 24 years now but I'm abit stumped at the moment. I have a pair off koi angelfish about the size off the Pam of your hand. I've had them from fry and are now about 2years old. They are in a 200liter tank on their own because they paired off quite a while ago. All my water conditions are fine. PH is fine .temperature is 80f.the problem is that I noticed the two off them have red blood streaks running along their back and fins.my female has stopped eating and I noticed this morning she seems very weak flopping over from tym to tym. I've been do water changes regularly for them but their seems no change. I've heard them clicking and taking like s shaking fit . I'm really stuck and worried I'm going to lose her. The male seems in better condition but has the same red blood streaks. Please if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated. I've never seen this behavior in angelfish before. Thanks

Anthony1708

Back to top Go down

Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange Empty Re: Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange

Post  Pterophyllum Sun 03 Sep 2017, 15:51

Hard to judge from that description, but check the following....

1. I'm assuming you have tested the water since seeing the problems, if not test now.
2. Same for temperature, check that it is 80, and that includes double checking that the thermometer is reading accurately.
3. Do a 20% water change anyway, sometimes things get in to the water which don't show up on test kits.
4. check closely for signs of parasites, such as white spot or velvet, ideally use a magnifying glass to do this.
5. If no signs of parasites, I'd treat with octozin, especially if the fish appear at all bloated or to be breathing heavily.
6. I might also be tempted to treat with Esha 2000, either after the octozin course or even at the same time (not recommended by the manufacturer's, but in my experience absolutely fine)
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange Empty Re: Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange

Post  Anthony1708 Sun 03 Sep 2017, 21:57

Thanks for the reply. I've just lost my female angelfish in the last 5 minutes. I'm so annoyed with myself for letting something like this happen but I can't figure out how it happened. Yea I've checked everything over and over again and water and temp is all fine. I've upped my water changes all last week but they are still no change. I was going to try melafix. I hear so much about this treatment but is it any good do you no. Thanks for your help its much appreciated. I've never seen this before in all my years of fish keeping.

Anthony1708

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Sun 03 Sep 2017, 22:56

Sorry to hear you lost the female, she did sound pretty poorly.

I was going to try melafix. I hear so much about this treatment but is it any good do you no.

Yes, for some things, but it wouldn't be my first choice in this case.
I'd definitely use Octozin which is for protozoan infections, and if you want an antibacterial then Esha 2000, or myxazin. Melafix is good for supporting healing of damaged fins etc. once the initial crisis is past, it's a gentle, but slow acting treatment, so less effective in a crisis IMO.
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony1708 Sun 03 Sep 2017, 23:19

Would I get octozin at my local pet store or would it have to be ordered.

Anthony1708

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Mon 04 Sep 2017, 08:46

I would expect it to be available from most aquarium stores, but not necessarily the average pet shop.
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony1708 Wed 13 Sep 2017, 00:23

I just want to say a big thank you to pterophyllum for your help and advice. I tryed what you recommended and I know I loss my female but my big male seems to be back to perfect health. All red lines along dorsal fin are gone . his color is back and he's back to eating like a pig. Things could have been a lot worse if not for you my friend. Thanks

Anthony1708

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Wed 13 Sep 2017, 10:37

Glad you were at least able to save him & that he's looking well.
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down