UK Angelfish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

Water Problems ? white eggs & death  Empty
Latest topics
» Hello everyone - just joined the forum.
Water Problems ? white eggs & death  EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 13:49 by TrevorGreenfield

» Is there anybody out there?
Water Problems ? white eggs & death  EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:51 by Mims_0

» Which option would you choose?
Water Problems ? white eggs & death  EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:49 by Mims_0

» Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange
Water Problems ? white eggs & death  EmptyWed 13 Sep 2017, 10:37 by Pterophyllum

» Hi all. =)
Water Problems ? white eggs & death  EmptySun 03 Sep 2017, 15:52 by Pterophyllum

» Disaster has struck!!!
Water Problems ? white eggs & death  EmptyThu 24 Aug 2017, 11:32 by Pterophyllum

» Scottish Members.
Water Problems ? white eggs & death  EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017, 14:36 by wildreddeer

» Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank
Water Problems ? white eggs & death  EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017, 09:30 by Pterophyllum

» Just Testing
Water Problems ? white eggs & death  EmptyWed 02 Aug 2017, 21:19 by bridgegirl99

post deleted

Mon 24 Jul 2017, 16:09 by fredothedictator

post deleted

Comments: 2

Sunset Koi Angelfish

Sun 16 Oct 2016, 19:30 by MatthewHalliday

Shalom Everyone I want to buy some Sunset Koi Angelfish I bought one …

Comments: 3

WANTED Bugarian Greens/Albino Dantum

Sun 19 Jun 2016, 02:04 by Toondog

As the title suggest I'm trying to track down some Bulgarian Seal …

Comments: 0

Counter
free counters
Water Problems ? white eggs & death  Header4 Water Problems ? white eggs & death  Helios

Water Problems ? white eggs & death

2 posters

Go down

Water Problems ? white eggs & death  Empty Water Problems ? white eggs & death

Post  uk bulldog Fri 12 Apr 2013, 16:35

Hi all i seem to be haveing problems with white eggs as i have lost 4 spawns this week.
I have checked my water today & got the following results Ph 8,kh 4,Gh 7,NO2 0 can anyone tell me if they feel the water is to hard?
I have recently been useing an RO/HMA mix of 75%/HMA & 25% RO do you think i should increase the RO to 50% im not the only one in the are haveing these problems as a friend who keeps Discus has also noticed changes in the amount of remin he is haveing to use lately.
Im concerned more now as one of my L183s that i normaly keep at a Ph of 6.5/7 died today & as i keep them in with angels & there were no signs of illness yesterday when i completed a water change it has made me check everything today as the water quality has to be the answer.I let the mixed water stand for 24hrs so as to heat it aswell as adding Allder comes to get the black water for the L183s,could the allder cones be part of the problem as i have had no problem with them in the past & all other fish seem ok.
Any help would be greatfull.

Paul
uk bulldog
uk bulldog

Back to top Go down

Water Problems ? white eggs & death  Empty Water board

Post  TONY,S ANGELS Fri 12 Apr 2013, 17:13

Hi Paul
Sorry to hear you have problems fish keeping every now and then we all have them.
Now if your ph jumped from 6.5/7 to ph8 it would kill L183's as they are very sensitive to ph
swings. Sounds to me that your water board is messing about with things, i can only surgest
puting softners and ph rejusers in the water to get the ph you want.
Cheers Tony
TONY,S ANGELS
TONY,S ANGELS

Back to top Go down

Water Problems ? white eggs & death  Empty Re: Water Problems ? white eggs & death

Post  uk bulldog Fri 12 Apr 2013, 19:39

Hi Tony,
Thanks for the reply,i was thinking maybe the waterboard have changed something plus there have been a lot of works to the local waterpipes recently.What softeners & reducers would you recomend?I use peatballs at the moment & wouldnt normaly use & try to steer clear of chemicals, but if needs be then i will.Would you recomend useing straight RO with a discus remin as that has been a thought but as i buy my RO in 25ltr drums i would have to mix in buckets which i think could be a bit hit n miss untill i get the right formular.Where if i was to increase the amount of RO i mix with HMA surely that would do the same thing?
uk bulldog
uk bulldog

Back to top Go down

Water Problems ? white eggs & death  Empty water mix

Post  TONY,S ANGELS Sat 13 Apr 2013, 05:34

Hi Paul
I have the same problem here that is my ph settles at 8.3 and comes out the tap at 7.2/7.6 so i ajust
the water with ph down powder that i buy from my local spar shop. It is a lot cheaper than aquarium
stuff and just as good. Just as a test put some water from your tap in a plastic jug test the ph there
and then and Let the water stand for 24hrs and re,test and if it is like my water the ph will have gone up.
I think myself that Discus remin is way to pricey, If you go with the hma water and then when it is being
wormed up in the water but get some loose peat ( cheaper than peatballs ) put some it in one of your wifes tights and pump the water into the peat with a pipe from say a little power head untill you get it soft,
If the ph is to low just use ph up from your spar shop.
I get 1kg of ph down i think it is £11.20 and the same price for the ph up.
RO units do not last very long with high PH water and are very expensive,
Cheers Tony
TONY,S ANGELS
TONY,S ANGELS

Back to top Go down

Water Problems ? white eggs & death  Empty Re: Water Problems ? white eggs & death

Post  uk bulldog Sat 13 Apr 2013, 11:15

Thanks again Tony,
I dont think the local spar down here sells the Ph down but i will have a look so i will have to go the dear way & buy from my LFS.
Due to room restrants i dont have the space for a 200ltr water butt,but after a little move around i could squeeze a 100ltr one in,so i will be off to the garden centre today to get some Irish moss peat & water butt,i have a spare powerhead so now to raid the BOSS'S draw for some tights lol & hopefully in a week or so all systems should be go once again.

Paul..
uk bulldog
uk bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down