UK Angelfish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

Hi another new member from Newcastle upon Tyne Empty
Latest topics
» Hello everyone - just joined the forum.
Hi another new member from Newcastle upon Tyne EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 13:49 by TrevorGreenfield

» Is there anybody out there?
Hi another new member from Newcastle upon Tyne EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:51 by Mims_0

» Which option would you choose?
Hi another new member from Newcastle upon Tyne EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:49 by Mims_0

» Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange
Hi another new member from Newcastle upon Tyne EmptyWed 13 Sep 2017, 10:37 by Pterophyllum

» Hi all. =)
Hi another new member from Newcastle upon Tyne EmptySun 03 Sep 2017, 15:52 by Pterophyllum

» Disaster has struck!!!
Hi another new member from Newcastle upon Tyne EmptyThu 24 Aug 2017, 11:32 by Pterophyllum

» Scottish Members.
Hi another new member from Newcastle upon Tyne EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017, 14:36 by wildreddeer

» Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank
Hi another new member from Newcastle upon Tyne EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017, 09:30 by Pterophyllum

» Just Testing
Hi another new member from Newcastle upon Tyne EmptyWed 02 Aug 2017, 21:19 by bridgegirl99

post deleted

Mon 24 Jul 2017, 16:09 by fredothedictator

post deleted

Comments: 2

Sunset Koi Angelfish

Sun 16 Oct 2016, 19:30 by MatthewHalliday

Shalom Everyone I want to buy some Sunset Koi Angelfish I bought one …

Comments: 3

WANTED Bugarian Greens/Albino Dantum

Sun 19 Jun 2016, 02:04 by Toondog

As the title suggest I'm trying to track down some Bulgarian Seal …

Comments: 0

Counter
free counters
Hi another new member from Newcastle upon Tyne Header4 Hi another new member from Newcastle upon Tyne Helios

Hi another new member from Newcastle upon Tyne

2 posters

Go down

Hi another new member from Newcastle upon Tyne Empty Hi another new member from Newcastle upon Tyne

Post  Toondog Fri 25 Dec 2015, 00:49

Hi everyone,
I'm fairly new to tropical fish but it's something I've always wanted to do, I have eight tanks at the moment two racks of three footers, a 160 litre tall, 150 litre cube, a 90 litre tall and a 55 litre tallish. I have quite a few different fish some faves being Ellioti (plus 25 fry that escaped into a three footer which they now own) electric blue acara and I love my Tapajo Orange heads.
I never really felt drawn towards angels until I was offered some Ken Kennedys that had started to pair up.........and I've absolutely fallen in love with them!
I intend to rearrange my set up and gear it mainly towards Angels.
I've only had them for a day or two and I'm fascinated by them, I don't know why I've always passed over them in the past!
I have the four Ken Kennedys in a tall 155 litre and they are pretty much staying in the pairs they where in. When I picked them up two of them where displaying there tubes but obviously the stress of moving has put things on hold at the moment. I'm hoping it won"t be two long before I get some fry.
It feels like the begining of an adventure for me, I'm fascinated by the genetics as much as anything else. When I was a young man I bred Budgerigars for show, that's where my interest in the genetics comes from as its pretty much the same for budgies.
I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and will be picking your brains for advice!
Thanks
Chris

Toondog

Back to top Go down

Hi another new member from Newcastle upon Tyne Empty Re: Hi another new member from Newcastle upon Tyne

Post  Pterophyllum Fri 25 Dec 2015, 10:37

Welcome Chris,
The good news with angels if you enjoy genetics, is that so much is known about theirs, but there are still things that need to be explored and better understood.
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down