UK Angelfish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

rough idea of the one in the middle  Empty
Latest topics
» Hello everyone - just joined the forum.
rough idea of the one in the middle  EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 13:49 by TrevorGreenfield

» Is there anybody out there?
rough idea of the one in the middle  EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:51 by Mims_0

» Which option would you choose?
rough idea of the one in the middle  EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:49 by Mims_0

» Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange
rough idea of the one in the middle  EmptyWed 13 Sep 2017, 10:37 by Pterophyllum

» Hi all. =)
rough idea of the one in the middle  EmptySun 03 Sep 2017, 15:52 by Pterophyllum

» Disaster has struck!!!
rough idea of the one in the middle  EmptyThu 24 Aug 2017, 11:32 by Pterophyllum

» Scottish Members.
rough idea of the one in the middle  EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017, 14:36 by wildreddeer

» Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank
rough idea of the one in the middle  EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017, 09:30 by Pterophyllum

» Just Testing
rough idea of the one in the middle  EmptyWed 02 Aug 2017, 21:19 by bridgegirl99

post deleted

Mon 24 Jul 2017, 16:09 by fredothedictator

post deleted

Comments: 2

Sunset Koi Angelfish

Sun 16 Oct 2016, 19:30 by MatthewHalliday

Shalom Everyone I want to buy some Sunset Koi Angelfish I bought one …

Comments: 3

WANTED Bugarian Greens/Albino Dantum

Sun 19 Jun 2016, 02:04 by Toondog

As the title suggest I'm trying to track down some Bulgarian Seal …

Comments: 0

Counter
free counters
rough idea of the one in the middle  Header4 rough idea of the one in the middle  Helios

rough idea of the one in the middle

2 posters

Go down

rough idea of the one in the middle  Empty rough idea of the one in the middle

Post  jamdea Sat 21 Nov 2015, 22:33

rough idea of the one in the middle  20151116

Ive a rough idea that the one in the middle is some kind of Czech smokey marble malarky, honestly though i've no idea of the two either side of it. Any help appreciated. I'd be guessing??
jamdea
jamdea

Back to top Go down

rough idea of the one in the middle  Empty Re: rough idea of the one in the middle

Post  Pterophyllum Sat 21 Nov 2015, 23:02

The one on the left is a koi (blushing gold marble) whilst the one on the right appears to be a sunset aka gold blushing (unless it's got any black markings on the other flank, which would make it a koi too. The one in the middle is a smokey, can't see any sign of marble on him/her, but a closer photo might show otherwise.
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

rough idea of the one in the middle  Empty Re: rough idea of the one in the middle

Post  jamdea Sun 22 Nov 2015, 00:04

rough idea of the one in the middle  20151117
yep ,another black spot on the alternate flank, guess , as you say it makes her (i think- (help from the black isle;)) a koi.
i really do have to practice my photography tho, she (?) is prettier in real life .
I do have a few books to re-read on genetics i think. Amazing that a few years ago i could walk through an lfs and tell the proprieter what he had in stock and now i aint sure whats in mine lol
jamdea
jamdea

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Sun 22 Nov 2015, 00:12

I'm sure it will all come flooding back. If not, you may find this useful, http://www.theangelfishsociety.org/forum/content.php/30-Angelfish-Genetics-Index although some of the names are a little out of date, and sadly Dr Norton died before the advent of Bulgarian green, Philippine blue and although, I believe, she did work on albino, she never got to write an article on it.
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  jamdea Sun 22 Nov 2015, 00:23

i remember getting some pb from Karl (near Edinburgh) allegedly from Ken Kennedy stock my goodness 5 or 6 years back, in fact
i'm still running the 3rd hand RO unit i got from Karl that day. like you say im sure it'll come back quickly.
Hopefully i'll have enough time to journal it here as well as in the note book. has it really been that long since this forum was moved to where it is now?
Oh and thanks for the help with the id, i really wasnt sure, they had a lot of blushing going on in the gills till they grew on a bit
(might be normal for koi and i'm missing homework lol- i dunno)
jamdea
jamdea

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Sun 22 Nov 2015, 00:42

i remember getting some pb from Karl (near Edinburgh) allegedly from Ken Kennedy stock

Assuming it's the same Karl, (I'm sure it must be!), he certainly had some of the fish Ken sent over in 2010

Oh and thanks for the help with the id, i really wasnt sure, they had a lot of blushing going on in the gills till they grew on a bit
(might be normal for koi and i'm missing homework lol- i dunno)
Yep, that's what makes a koi a koi, rather than a gold marble.
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  jamdea Sun 22 Nov 2015, 01:08

out of curiosity , did you see the two blacks towards the bottom of the picture .They are pairing up. Despite what i have heard about black angels they are both incredibily docile. saying that when the light gets them in a certain way they are more blue ~
(striped-like silvers) than black . Of course ive no idea of their genetic history. they are a recent addition from Discovery Aquatics (f***ing cracking shop) in Dundee.
I always read that black angels had a tendency to be overtly agressive. (spose it could explain the gold veil??)
I'll try to post some good pictures on a new thread just for them, but good pictures not the easy theatrical ones that is real easy to do with black fish shillouteting the background!Smile
jamdea
jamdea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum