UK Angelfish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

Yet more photos! Empty
Latest topics
» Hello everyone - just joined the forum.
Yet more photos! EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 13:49 by TrevorGreenfield

» Is there anybody out there?
Yet more photos! EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:51 by Mims_0

» Which option would you choose?
Yet more photos! EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:49 by Mims_0

» Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange
Yet more photos! EmptyWed 13 Sep 2017, 10:37 by Pterophyllum

» Hi all. =)
Yet more photos! EmptySun 03 Sep 2017, 15:52 by Pterophyllum

» Disaster has struck!!!
Yet more photos! EmptyThu 24 Aug 2017, 11:32 by Pterophyllum

» Scottish Members.
Yet more photos! EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017, 14:36 by wildreddeer

» Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank
Yet more photos! EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017, 09:30 by Pterophyllum

» Just Testing
Yet more photos! EmptyWed 02 Aug 2017, 21:19 by bridgegirl99

post deleted

Mon 24 Jul 2017, 16:09 by fredothedictator

post deleted

Comments: 2

Sunset Koi Angelfish

Sun 16 Oct 2016, 19:30 by MatthewHalliday

Shalom Everyone I want to buy some Sunset Koi Angelfish I bought one …

Comments: 3

WANTED Bugarian Greens/Albino Dantum

Sun 19 Jun 2016, 02:04 by Toondog

As the title suggest I'm trying to track down some Bulgarian Seal …

Comments: 0

Counter
free counters
Yet more photos! Header4 Yet more photos! Helios

Yet more photos!

3 posters

Go down

Yet more photos! Empty Yet more photos!

Post  Pterophyllum Sun 01 Dec 2013, 00:49

Blue clown veil
Yet more photos! IMG_9755_zps070eb287

I'm fairly certain this is a blue albino, quite possibly a pinoy, and for those who are fans of pearlscale (I'm not) it looks like he might be starting to "pearl"
Yet more photos! IMG_9661_zpsc408b80f
Yet more photos! IMG_9664_zps0b03c896

This is his sibling, I think she's female but not a blue
Yet more photos! IMG_9672_zps88e8c67e
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Yet more photos! Empty Re: Yet more photos!

Post  bridgegirl99 Sun 01 Dec 2013, 14:53

A couple of questions, how can you ell one is a blue albino and the other not? Also just out of interest hat were their parents??

Ohh by the way stunning fish and photography!!

bridgegirl99

Back to top Go down

Post  uk bulldog Sun 01 Dec 2013, 18:13

All stunning as usual Rob, what age are the albino's now as I find most of the pearlscales start to show at around 12 weeks on & from the rear of the lateral line at the bass of the anal fin & lower half of the body.
But if you really don't like him Rob im sure I could find space for him Very Happy 
The Blue clown veil really is my kind of fish with a great shape & beautiful fins.
uk bulldog
uk bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Sun 01 Dec 2013, 20:24

what age are the albino's now as I find most of the pearlscales start to show at around 12 weeks on & from the rear of the lateral line at the bass of the anal fin & lower half of the body.
They're about 5 months old, but in my experience the age when then they start to "pearl" can be quite variable. It may be that he's only het. and that the pearling won't get any "worse", time will tell!

But if you really don't like him Rob im sure I could find space for him
That's a very kind offer Paul, but even if he does turn out to be a pearlscale, I think I'll put up with him!

how can you ell one is a blue albino and the other not?
A good question, to which there's a short, simple answer, and a more complex one....

The short answer, if you saw them in the flesh you wouldn't need to ask that question. I know he's blue, because he looks blue, compared to the other, in the flesh, the difference is obvious.

The longer answer is that if you had no previous experience of albino angels you might reasonably assume that albino would "override" all the other colour genes present and that all albino types would look the same. The reality is actually rather different, an albino silver has "ghost stripes" where the black banding should be, albino marbles have similar "ghost marbling" and albino blacks apparently, I haven't seen one in the flesh, but I've seen photos, have a darker, more orange tone to their skin. When it comes to blues, the blue colouration is not due to pigment, but subtle structural changes in the skin which change the way light is refracted and reflected, the blue should therefore show on an albino as well as it does on most other varieties.
In practice, the ease with which it's possible to spot that a particular fish is blue does vary from variety to variety. So when I was first confronted with an albino fish in a spawn where there were 50% blue and 50% het. pb offspring, not having anything to compare him to I wasn't 100% sure if he was blue or het. Having now seen some very good photos of blue albinos, and having this individual to compare to my original, I'm confident that the original was only het. for pb.

Homozygous pb. fish, both blues and platinums, seem to have more lustre, and that's certainly true for this individual, I'm reminded of the old adds for Daz and Persil automatic about getting your, "white's whiter" and a "bluey whiteness you don't get from other powders" ....
So if you look at the second photo of the blue albino and compare it to it's sibling, their crowns (from the tip of the nose, running back to the dorsal fin from eye level and above) are both a fairly similar creamy colour. But when you look at the gill covers, and the rest of their bodies, the albino has a slight blueish grey tone which is much more apparent in the flesh.

Also just out of interest hat were their parents??
Their parents were a sibling pair of smokey black lace with all sorts of other genes thrown in for good measure. In general I try to avoid sibling to sibling pairings, but these two paired up in a grow on tank and seemed so well matched I decided to let them have a try, I'm glad I did!

Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  bridgegirl99 Sun 01 Dec 2013, 20:34

Thanks Rob very interesting

bridgegirl99

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Tue 03 Dec 2013, 00:07

Here's a photo of the parents of the two albinos
Yet more photos! IMG_4432_zps173c8565
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  bridgegirl99 Tue 03 Dec 2013, 15:24

You certainly won't be saying "You look just like your mum"!!! lol I'm amazed Very Happy 

bridgegirl99

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down