UK Angelfish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

On the road to a goal Empty
Latest topics
» Hello everyone - just joined the forum.
On the road to a goal EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 13:49 by TrevorGreenfield

» Is there anybody out there?
On the road to a goal EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:51 by Mims_0

» Which option would you choose?
On the road to a goal EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:49 by Mims_0

» Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange
On the road to a goal EmptyWed 13 Sep 2017, 10:37 by Pterophyllum

» Hi all. =)
On the road to a goal EmptySun 03 Sep 2017, 15:52 by Pterophyllum

» Disaster has struck!!!
On the road to a goal EmptyThu 24 Aug 2017, 11:32 by Pterophyllum

» Scottish Members.
On the road to a goal EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017, 14:36 by wildreddeer

» Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank
On the road to a goal EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017, 09:30 by Pterophyllum

» Just Testing
On the road to a goal EmptyWed 02 Aug 2017, 21:19 by bridgegirl99

post deleted

Mon 24 Jul 2017, 16:09 by fredothedictator

post deleted

Comments: 2

Sunset Koi Angelfish

Sun 16 Oct 2016, 19:30 by MatthewHalliday

Shalom Everyone I want to buy some Sunset Koi Angelfish I bought one …

Comments: 3

WANTED Bugarian Greens/Albino Dantum

Sun 19 Jun 2016, 02:04 by Toondog

As the title suggest I'm trying to track down some Bulgarian Seal …

Comments: 0

Counter
free counters
On the road to a goal Header4 On the road to a goal Helios

On the road to a goal

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

On the road to a goal Empty On the road to a goal

Post  uk bulldog Wed 08 May 2013, 16:27

I have at last managed to get some fry form my Chocolate Blue Marble female & Albino Pearlscale male,after the albino constantly eating the eggs.They only have about 50 or 60 freeswimers (went swimming today Very Happy ) & this is thanks to the advice i took from Rob (Pterophyllum) & removed the Albino male leaveing the chocolate female to get on with it.I was going to leave them both to it but once again i found the male eating the eggs which left about 50 or 60.The youngsters should be a mix of Smokeys,Smokey pearlscale,Smokey Marbles & Smokey Marble pearscales all of which will be Het for Albino & Pb,which should (all being well) take me to my final goal once i cross the siblings & produce Albino Blue smokey Marbles.

Once these 50 or 60 young (not the final outcome lol) have grown on a bit & i have chosen a few to keep i will be giveing a few away to forum members who may want fish that are het for both Albino & Pb so they can grow them on & add to there breeding stock.

uk bulldog
uk bulldog

Back to top Go down

On the road to a goal Empty Re: On the road to a goal

Post  bridgegirl99 Wed 08 May 2013, 17:16

Good luck hope you get a good mix sounds lovely

bridgegirl99

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Wed 08 May 2013, 19:37

Congratulations Paul,
It must be albino week....
I had my male albino paired with a female for several months, but although they laid, eggs would disappear before hatching, so I decided to give them a rest. Moved both to a community tank where the male paired up with a silver ghost. Not an ideal pairing, but since they picked each other I thought I'd give them a try. Two days ago they presented me with a huge clutch of eggs, very few of which fungused, and the rest have hatched today. So far they seem to be doing a good job with them. The good news is both are het. for pb. and both have a stripeless; gene so fingers crossed I should get 1/16th paraibas that are het. for albino.
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  uk bulldog Thu 09 May 2013, 12:04

Hi Bridgegirl,thank you & yes i think it could be albino week Rob as that is great news about yours,i take it that that is the albino that was your sole surviver? Being as both are het for Pb you should get some nice blues rob & as i said i will be giveing a few of the young away if you want any as they will be a good match with your youngsters.I now have the male in with a female Paraiba that i received from you so i may well get some more young from tham as she looks as though she is due to lay.I also have youngsters that went freeswimming on Satuday from my M+ pair Rob so i will get some pics up for you as soon as they are big enough to photograph.
uk bulldog
uk bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Thu 09 May 2013, 16:14

Unfortunately my pair have eaten/lost their wrigglers. But it was their first attempt so I'm sure they'll get the hang of it, although like you, I suspect I may have to remove the male.

if you want any as they will be a good match with your youngsters.
That's a kind offer, certainly if I succeed with this pair a swap might be useful, although my female is your female's aunt, so it will produce some in breeding.

i will get some pics up for you as soon as they are big enough to photograph.
I look forward to seeing them
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  uk bulldog Fri 10 May 2013, 11:19

Sorry to hear that you have lost the wrigglers Rob but as you say it was only there 1st attempt.

I understand what you are saying about the inbreeding Rob but the offer will stand & I would happily give you 1st refusal on any of the fry I produce as you have provided me with some stunning fish,all of which are produceing the goods Very Happy

All I need now is a nice Pinoy & a blue veil & I should have all the breeding stock I require.
uk bulldog
uk bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Fri 10 May 2013, 11:36

I have some blue veils coming on, wrigglers at the moment, and I'm sure I can fin you a nice pinoy when you need.
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  uk bulldog Fri 10 May 2013, 11:40

Great news about the veils Rob please let me know as & when they are ready & I wil be able to house a pinoy in the next couple of weeks as I have a new tank due any day & im not worried about the sex of it but would be happy to buy a couple if they are available.
uk bulldog
uk bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Fri 10 May 2013, 14:03

No problem, I'm sure I can find you a couple of nice ones, although I should point out that they're siblings to the paraibas I sent you.
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  uk bulldog Tue 14 May 2013, 07:24

Well its 7 days of freeswimming & what i thought was around 50 or 60 fry is now looking more like 40 or 50,but they are doing really well & at such a young age already seem to know when you are about to feed them & are starting to rush to the front of the tank when i walk in the room along with mum who has turnd into an amazing mother so far.They are a few days younger than the fry i have from a blue marble pair but are already looking bigger than them, so i was wondering if that is because there are a few less than what the marbles have, being as the marble spawn is about double the amount at around 80,you can also see quite a differance aswel regards colouration between the two spawns as the Albino x Marbles seem to be showing a lot darker than blue marble fry so im looking forward to see how they mature over the next few weeks.
uk bulldog
uk bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Tue 14 May 2013, 23:37

I suspect the differential growth rate is probably more to do with fact that homozygous pb fish do tend to be slower growing, as are homozygous marble fish.
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  uk bulldog Wed 15 May 2013, 07:27

I have to agree with you rob as my other pb young seem to be takeing forever to grow.
uk bulldog
uk bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post  uk bulldog Fri 24 May 2013, 11:15

After watching the fry from the albino x chocholate pair i have noticed that on a fair ammount of the young (not all) that they have a blue patch/cap on there heads not unlike the headlight that is visibale on pb fry could this possably mean that the Albino male is het for pb or is it just wishful thinking on my part.I guess only time will tell but from the rate they are growing im hopeing it wont be to long.
uk bulldog
uk bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post  uk bulldog Mon 10 Jun 2013, 11:21

A quick update on these youngsters as they are now 1 month old,they are all growing rapidly eating anything offerd although main diet is still BBS they love crushed flake & mini bloodworm as well as frozen brineshrimp with garlic.
The body shape i think looks really good as do the nice long fins & on some the fins appear to be looking like they may be quite wide which would suggest they are going to take after both parents,there is a fair mix amongest them as there are smokey's/smokey marbles,marbles & what appear to be silvers.I will attempt to get some photos this week & post here as they are about to be moved to there new grow on tank hopefully by wednesday.
The Albino male has also fartherd more fry this time with a paraiba smokey,again only a small spawn of around 70 fry, it will be nice to see the differance between both sets of young.
A quick question regarding the Albino for Rob or whoever can shed some light on the matter.
As the albino has no stripes what so ever could it be because he has a stripeles gene.Other albino pearlscales i have had did show the stripes regardles of the pearlscale
& in which case could i expect blushing young from this latest pairing with the paraiba?as the fry are only a week old & to young to tell at the moment.This is the second time he has bred with the paraiba but he or they ate the first batch so again i removed him & the paraiba has fry.
uk bulldog
uk bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Mon 10 Jun 2013, 19:28

Hi Paul,
As the albino has no stripes what so ever could it be because he has a stripeles gene.

It could do, but he could be an albino gold too.

I'm looking forward to the photos
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  uk bulldog Tue 11 Jun 2013, 08:12

Thanks for the reply Rob,
As far as the albino being a gold, he could well be but up until a month/6 weeks ago he was without dout very silver in colour but as an experiment i started to feed him on tetra colour pro along with astrax & he has changed colour completely to an all over redish/orange & not like other gold albinos i have had where the colour is more along the head & top of the body but i will try to get a good pic of him just to show his colouration & hopefully this will help in an ID as to what he is.
uk bulldog
uk bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post  uk bulldog Wed 12 Jun 2013, 09:01

Here is a couple of pics of the youngsters so far[imgOn the road to a goal Csc_0412On the road to a goal Csc_0510On the road to a goal Csc_0413On the road to a goal Csc_0511
Not the best pics but they dont stay still
uk bulldog
uk bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post  uk bulldog Wed 12 Jun 2013, 09:13

A pic of the albino dad of the fry which after seeing this pic i have to say does look more to be a gold albino rather than a silver which was first thought but due to colour feed it seems to have brought his colour out.On the road to a goal Csc_0414
Here is not a very good pic but it is one of mum On the road to a goal Dsc_0410
uk bulldog
uk bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Wed 12 Jun 2013, 10:10

Hi Paul,
In my very limited experience of albinos I'd say that looks like a gold albino. However, looking at the babies, no. 1 particularly, doesn't look to be M/g but more like M/+, if so, then Dad can't be a gold, maybe he's an albino smokey, can I see faint signs of smokey pattern most notably around the lateral line?

Whatever he is, he's a lovely fish.

May have to follow my own advice soon, my pair have had two more batches, I tried "pulling" the one lot of eggs (by the simple procedure of removing the flowerpot they were laid on), but most fungused, and although a few hatched, nothing came of them. For their latest batch they chose an overflow pipe, I presume they thought this was less likely to be stolen than a flowerpot, many more hatched, but all disappeared after a day or two.
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  uk bulldog Wed 12 Jun 2013, 11:09

Hi Rob regards the Albino being a smokey i dont have a clue but i do have some fry that i'm just not sure what they are.As far as the fish in pic 1 goes that is 1 of a couple that looks like that, just like a have a couple that are like the fish in pic 4 so all has gone out of the window as to what i have here,but i do know all fry will be het for pb & Albino.

It sounds like your fish have made a mental note not to lay on removeable items lol.But after listening to you i have removed the albino twice now & have fry from both breedings but untill then like you all kept going missing.
uk bulldog
uk bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post  uk bulldog Fri 14 Jun 2013, 08:33

Once again i am questioning the genetics of the Albino because a site i have been looking at regards Albino genetics states that a gold albino g/g - a/a - p/p does not have a red iris & this male has always had a red iris. Here is a link to the site i'm refering to http://www.angelsonly.com/albino_genetics/albino_genetics_files/frame.htm
This is giveing me reason to question his make up & i was hopeing someone could shed a little light on this so i can determin what the youngster are.
uk bulldog
uk bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Fri 14 Jun 2013, 22:29

It's certainly true that normal gold angels never have red eyes, but the red eyes of albinos result from the lack of pigment, where the red eye of silver, marble, etc. result from the presence of a red pigment. As I say, I have only minimal experience of albinos, but that does seem plausible. Ultimately I think the only way to be sure what you have is to look at the youngsters.

Mine have laid again today, trying to decide if I take Dad out this time around, think I might do.
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Mon 17 Jun 2013, 23:19

Removed male, B#@*&%$ female ate the wrigglers
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  uk bulldog Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:20

Sorry to hear that it is the female doing the dirty deed of eating the eggs Rob as i know you was looking forward to some fry from the ablino male.

I have crossed the albino male  again but this time with one of your paraiba's to see what i get this time from him & i have posted a couple of pics on another thread i have started so maybe they will give more of a clue as to what he is although i have sold him now to make room for other stock & his young that i have growing on from both pairings so i can carry on with my project.

The young from the 1st batch are doing well & growing quickly.On the road to a goal Csc_0616On the road to a goal Csc_0617On the road to a goal Csc_0618
uk bulldog
uk bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Thu 20 Jun 2013, 19:36

Sorry to hear that it is the female doing the dirty deed of eating the eggs Rob as i know you was looking forward to some fry from the ablino male.

Not to worry, I'll get there in the end!

Nice to see your albino hets, Looks like you're building up the material for some nice albinos in the not too distant future!
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum