UK Angelfish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

Advise on my PH please ! Empty
Latest topics
» Hello everyone - just joined the forum.
Advise on my PH please ! EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 13:49 by TrevorGreenfield

» Is there anybody out there?
Advise on my PH please ! EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:51 by Mims_0

» Which option would you choose?
Advise on my PH please ! EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:49 by Mims_0

» Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange
Advise on my PH please ! EmptyWed 13 Sep 2017, 10:37 by Pterophyllum

» Hi all. =)
Advise on my PH please ! EmptySun 03 Sep 2017, 15:52 by Pterophyllum

» Disaster has struck!!!
Advise on my PH please ! EmptyThu 24 Aug 2017, 11:32 by Pterophyllum

» Scottish Members.
Advise on my PH please ! EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017, 14:36 by wildreddeer

» Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank
Advise on my PH please ! EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017, 09:30 by Pterophyllum

» Just Testing
Advise on my PH please ! EmptyWed 02 Aug 2017, 21:19 by bridgegirl99

post deleted

Mon 24 Jul 2017, 16:09 by fredothedictator

post deleted

Comments: 2

Sunset Koi Angelfish

Sun 16 Oct 2016, 19:30 by MatthewHalliday

Shalom Everyone I want to buy some Sunset Koi Angelfish I bought one …

Comments: 3

WANTED Bugarian Greens/Albino Dantum

Sun 19 Jun 2016, 02:04 by Toondog

As the title suggest I'm trying to track down some Bulgarian Seal …

Comments: 0

Counter
free counters
Advise on my PH please ! Header4 Advise on my PH please ! Helios

Advise on my PH please !

3 posters

Go down

Advise on my PH please ! Empty Advise on my PH please !

Post  julie9356 Mon 28 May 2012, 17:39

Hi, please could I ask some advise/ I have a few young angels and they seem happy enough and eating well but my tap water is 7.5 PH. After seeking advise I have put Peat in my tank to lower the Ph. Its in a stocking and looks like a hagis, not very nice . But the PH seems to be coming down a bit now. Am I worrying too much about PH? I dont want to use chemicals. Will it be ok to add a few more angels ?
Thank you.

julie9356

Back to top Go down

Advise on my PH please ! Empty Re: Advise on my PH please !

Post  endlessendlers Mon 28 May 2012, 17:59

julie9356 wrote:Hi, please could I ask some advise/ I have a few young angels and they seem happy enough and eating well but my tap water is 7.5 PH. After seeking advise I have put Peat in my tank to lower the Ph. Its in a stocking and looks like a hagis, not very nice . But the PH seems to be coming down a bit now. Am I worrying too much about PH? I dont want to use chemicals. Will it be ok to add a few more angels ?
Thank you.

Hi Julie,

I wouldn't mess with your Ph. My Ph is 7.4 and they thrive and readily breed. A stable Ph is better than trying to lower or higher it. As long as your angels were behaving normally in the higher Ph, why change it? If you bought your angels locally they probably came from water with a high Ph too. The only thing that may be a problem is ammonia in high Ph water, but as long as you maintain regular water changes, ammonia won't come into the equation.

If you still want to lower Ph, some nice pieces of bogwood will do the trick. Make sure they are cleaned thoroughly.

How many gallons is your tank and how many angels do you have already?
endlessendlers
endlessendlers

Back to top Go down

Post  julie9356 Mon 28 May 2012, 21:45

Hi,thanx for your reply. My tank is approx 112 ltrs. I have 9 young angels in. I also have some bogwood in. When I use those testing sticks it shows the GH I think thats hardness right on the limit. It says if this happens, to put distilled water in. But you cant get it now. I did put some deionised water in and some low PH bottled water. Maybe, like you said, I need to stop trying to get the perfect water conditions!
Thank you very much.

julie9356

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghipsi Tue 29 May 2012, 07:54

Hi Julie, glad you managed to get a post up & a big warm welcme to the forum Very Happy
As helen says:

I wouldn't mess with your Ph. My Ph is 7.4 and they thrive and readily breed. A stable Ph is better than trying to lower or higher it. As long as your angels were behaving normally in the higher Ph, why change it?

I totaly agree, if your Angels are happy the ph will be fine, and the bog wood is a good idea to bring the ph down a little Very Happy
Can you get any piccys as we would love to see you beautiful Angels Very Happy Very Happy
Lisa
Ghipsi
Ghipsi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  julie9356 Tue 29 May 2012, 10:32

Hi,Thanx for the warm welcome. I will get a pic up soon. I am a beginner at fish keeping so I think I must be making too much fuss !
Thanx

julie9356

Back to top Go down

Post  endlessendlers Wed 30 May 2012, 07:09

julie9356 wrote:Hi,Thanx for the warm welcome. I will get a pic up soon. I am a beginner at fish keeping so I think I must be making too much fuss !

Thanx

No, you're not making too much fuss at all. You just want to keep your angels in the best water conditions possible. Nothing wrong with that. I think most people will tell you the key to keeping angels, or any fish for that matter, is a good tank cleaning regime. Look after the water, and the fish look after themselves!

I do a water change of 30% twice a week. My tank is overstocked, but generally if a tank isn't overstocked you can get away with once weekly water changes. Your tank is around 24 gals and that should house two adult angels comfortably. Obviously your 9 angels as adults will make the tank extremely overstocked. As babies the tank is fine until they start getting bigger. Are you intending keeping all the angels and getting more tanks, or are you going to keep just a few as adults?
endlessendlers
endlessendlers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum