UK Angelfish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

new eggs help Empty
Latest topics
» Hello everyone - just joined the forum.
new eggs help EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 13:49 by TrevorGreenfield

» Is there anybody out there?
new eggs help EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:51 by Mims_0

» Which option would you choose?
new eggs help EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:49 by Mims_0

» Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange
new eggs help EmptyWed 13 Sep 2017, 10:37 by Pterophyllum

» Hi all. =)
new eggs help EmptySun 03 Sep 2017, 15:52 by Pterophyllum

» Disaster has struck!!!
new eggs help EmptyThu 24 Aug 2017, 11:32 by Pterophyllum

» Scottish Members.
new eggs help EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017, 14:36 by wildreddeer

» Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank
new eggs help EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017, 09:30 by Pterophyllum

» Just Testing
new eggs help EmptyWed 02 Aug 2017, 21:19 by bridgegirl99

post deleted

Mon 24 Jul 2017, 16:09 by fredothedictator

post deleted

Comments: 2

Sunset Koi Angelfish

Sun 16 Oct 2016, 19:30 by MatthewHalliday

Shalom Everyone I want to buy some Sunset Koi Angelfish I bought one …

Comments: 3

WANTED Bugarian Greens/Albino Dantum

Sun 19 Jun 2016, 02:04 by Toondog

As the title suggest I'm trying to track down some Bulgarian Seal …

Comments: 0

Counter
free counters
new eggs help Header4 new eggs help Helios

new eggs help

4 posters

Go down

new eggs help Empty new eggs help

Post  pandy Sun 03 May 2015, 21:12

Hi after world war 3 has finally had a bit of a reprieve with my 3 angel's I thought I would check things were all OK with the rest of the residents and came across the 2 angel's I think have now paired off rubbing themselves up and down the outlet over a load of eggs and because I am at a bit of a loss of what to do I am hoping I could kindly ask you lovely people what my opinions are so please be gentle and thanks for the advice and I hope the link works

pandy

Back to top Go down

new eggs help Empty Re: new eggs help

Post  Pterophyllum Sun 03 May 2015, 22:06

Yes, you clearly have a pair there, but the chances of them managing to raise any of the young in a busy community tank like that are practically zero.
If you have a suitable breeding tank you could consider trying to remove the eggs, and hatch them away from the parents. Personally, I find the parental care aspect of breeding angels the best bit, so I'd be more inclined to move the parents to a separate breeding tank and let them try again (most likely in about 10-14 days). A final option might be to put a partition in the main tank, but it can be very difficult to stop the babies finding a way past it once they're free swimming.
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  pandy Mon 04 May 2015, 00:13

Hi and thank you for the advice I will admit I am not getting my hopes up it would be nice all the same I just wish I was a bit more prepared but I suppose a bit of d.I.y may helpDiy egg security: https://youtu.be/5HajVUAUIH0

pandy

Back to top Go down

Post  wildreddeer Mon 04 May 2015, 21:46

Hi,
Rob has given you very sound advice on his years of experience. I would heed what he says about Putting the parents in a tank of their own, and let them spawn again. Don't worry, they are paired up now and the disturbance will not affect or harm them.

Good luck

Phil

Cool
wildreddeer
wildreddeer

Back to top Go down

Post  Deans_Angels Mon 04 May 2015, 22:15

It's very exciting and of course there's lots of potential in those eggs but the situation is a bit like giving birth in a bus station.

See how the eggs develop over the next five or six days, you should see small changes every day. Try to remove any white eggs as these are no good and will only go fluffy with fungus (which will then spread to the surrounding good eggs).

What you do next really depends on your intentions, equipment, budget, spare time and the behavior of the parents (just to name a few factors) all of which are unknown or could change quickly.

If the eggs develop okay, the next thing you need to think about (and trial) is how you will feed the fry. Be prepared! Smile

Deans_Angels

http://www.angelfish.org,uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Deans_Angels Sun 10 May 2015, 23:06

How did things work out Andy?

Deans_Angels

Back to top Go down

Post  pandy Sun 10 May 2015, 23:28

Hi my apologies I thought I had posted a reply I am sorry to report that even though mum and dad seamed to be doing a good job In keeping the eggs clean and so on they still all went white and even when I tried to protect them from the other tank inhabitants in a mater of hours my tank was egg less Crying or Very sad in all fareness the hole egg thing was a shock to start with but I have another tank coming in a day or two so alls I can do is hope for better success next time and also just as important is when the pair are put into the other tank my third angel will stop being picked on so much by my striped male even though me and the wife suspect the one getting bullied is a female

pandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Deans_Angels Mon 11 May 2015, 00:44

Good to hear from you. They might hit it off from the start in their new tank, or it may take a few attempts for them to get it right. In their own tank you greatly improve your chances.

My angels have laid eggs again recently, so I have some roughly @2 months(70), @1 month(100) and now the new wrigglers @1 week(200?). Sometimes it goes wrong, out of another batch, I only ended up with about 4 free swimmers, I put those in with the 1 month old. On that occasion, I wrongly trusted dad to look after the eggs, he didn't eat them, he defended them but didn't really spend anytime picking off the dead eggs, so eventually they fluffed over (not because they weren't viable, but because fungus spreads). If mum had been there, she would have defended them and picked off the dead eggs, but she would eat the fry when the male wasn't looking! I knew this already, which is why the eggs were just with dad.

Despite their faults, they reproduce and I am slowly getting into the swing of things, building my fish room and extending my knowledge. I won't say it's all easy but it is very interesting!

Deans_Angels

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum