UK Angelfish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

Nothing's simple!! Empty
Latest topics
» Hello everyone - just joined the forum.
Nothing's simple!! EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 13:49 by TrevorGreenfield

» Is there anybody out there?
Nothing's simple!! EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:51 by Mims_0

» Which option would you choose?
Nothing's simple!! EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:49 by Mims_0

» Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange
Nothing's simple!! EmptyWed 13 Sep 2017, 10:37 by Pterophyllum

» Hi all. =)
Nothing's simple!! EmptySun 03 Sep 2017, 15:52 by Pterophyllum

» Disaster has struck!!!
Nothing's simple!! EmptyThu 24 Aug 2017, 11:32 by Pterophyllum

» Scottish Members.
Nothing's simple!! EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017, 14:36 by wildreddeer

» Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank
Nothing's simple!! EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017, 09:30 by Pterophyllum

» Just Testing
Nothing's simple!! EmptyWed 02 Aug 2017, 21:19 by bridgegirl99

post deleted

Mon 24 Jul 2017, 16:09 by fredothedictator

post deleted

Comments: 2

Sunset Koi Angelfish

Sun 16 Oct 2016, 19:30 by MatthewHalliday

Shalom Everyone I want to buy some Sunset Koi Angelfish I bought one …

Comments: 3

WANTED Bugarian Greens/Albino Dantum

Sun 19 Jun 2016, 02:04 by Toondog

As the title suggest I'm trying to track down some Bulgarian Seal …

Comments: 0

Counter
free counters
Nothing's simple!! Header4 Nothing's simple!! Helios

Nothing's simple!!

2 posters

Go down

Nothing's simple!! Empty Nothing's simple!!

Post  bridgegirl99 Mon 18 Aug 2014, 15:13

Nothing's simple, well not with me!! Everything turns to a drama!!  Mad 

I have my Blue pair which have been doing wonderful, producing lovely fry at regular intervals, I've set up tanks, and as the fry have got bigger they move on, I had quite a production line going!!

Just over a week ago, they produced the most huge spawn I have ever seen, I was gob smacked, but by the time they moved them and dropped them a few times (No large enough leaves!!) I'm left with I guess about 60/80 if I'm lucky, so I'm a bit disappointed.

I went away last weekend, just on the day these babies took off, but heeding Robs advice, I knew they'd be OK for a few days solo, which I'm pleased to say they are, so I'll start fattening them up now!!

But, my smallest tank, which was fine when I left, disaster has struck!! There were bodies everywhere and obviously the water is showing raised ammonia, so the survivors have been whisked out into the other tanks!!  No 

I have no idea what went wrong, I guess these things happen from time to time? they were the smallest, only 4 weeks old or so, so I guess it wouldn't take much to upset things, I'm sure I'll get things back on track but it was a bit upsetting to come home to Sad

Also, I noticed Mrs Grumpy who is still in the community tank was fat with eggs and her tube was on its way down, she's obviously spawned while I was away, but I have no idea who had taken her fancy?? Looks like another tank might be needed!! lol  Very Happy 

bridgegirl99

Back to top Go down

Nothing's simple!! Empty Re: Nothing's simple!!

Post  Pterophyllum Tue 19 Aug 2014, 11:50

my smallest tank, which was fine when I left, disaster has struck!! There were bodies everywhere and obviously the water is showing raised ammonia, so the survivors have been whisked out into the other tanks!!

Sorry to hear this, unfortunately if something goes wrong in a tank whilst you're away, if one or two fish die, as they decompose, they rob the tank of oxygen, and produce ammonia & nitrite, this can aggrivate the problems, and lead to more deaths, less oxygen, more ammonia, etc. at least you manage to save some of them.
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  bridgegirl99 Tue 19 Aug 2014, 14:56

No more fatalities today, so I guess I've caught it.

Because I'm looking harder at the fish, I noticed one of the larger ones doesn't have any ventrails!! Woops didn't notice that when I put him in a bigger tank! Mum is a pearlscale, if dad was carrying the ps gene, would this be the likely cause, or is just one parent enough to cause deformities??? they're too small to show ps at the moment, so I was just wondering??

bridgegirl99

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Tue 19 Aug 2014, 16:51

I'm sure I've seen non-pearlscales missing both ventrals, but it's far more common in pearlscales in my experience. Have a close look at the flanks of the non pearlscale parent, and you should be able to see the subtle raising of the scales if it is het. for the gene.

See photos in this thread for comparison http://www.uk-angelfishforum.org.uk/t718-can-someone-please-settle-an-arguement#4774
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down