UK Angelfish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

wrigglers on a cone Empty
Latest topics
» Hello everyone - just joined the forum.
wrigglers on a cone EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 13:49 by TrevorGreenfield

» Is there anybody out there?
wrigglers on a cone EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:51 by Mims_0

» Which option would you choose?
wrigglers on a cone EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:49 by Mims_0

» Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange
wrigglers on a cone EmptyWed 13 Sep 2017, 10:37 by Pterophyllum

» Hi all. =)
wrigglers on a cone EmptySun 03 Sep 2017, 15:52 by Pterophyllum

» Disaster has struck!!!
wrigglers on a cone EmptyThu 24 Aug 2017, 11:32 by Pterophyllum

» Scottish Members.
wrigglers on a cone EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017, 14:36 by wildreddeer

» Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank
wrigglers on a cone EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017, 09:30 by Pterophyllum

» Just Testing
wrigglers on a cone EmptyWed 02 Aug 2017, 21:19 by bridgegirl99

post deleted

Mon 24 Jul 2017, 16:09 by fredothedictator

post deleted

Comments: 2

Sunset Koi Angelfish

Sun 16 Oct 2016, 19:30 by MatthewHalliday

Shalom Everyone I want to buy some Sunset Koi Angelfish I bought one …

Comments: 3

WANTED Bugarian Greens/Albino Dantum

Sun 19 Jun 2016, 02:04 by Toondog

As the title suggest I'm trying to track down some Bulgarian Seal …

Comments: 0

Counter
free counters
wrigglers on a cone Header4 wrigglers on a cone Helios

wrigglers on a cone

2 posters

Go down

wrigglers on a cone Empty wrigglers on a cone

Post  bridgegirl99 Wed 09 Apr 2014, 17:20

I've pulled the parents after their last spawn as they had eaten their last 7 attempts just as the eggs start to hatch, they fanned the eggs brilliantly...

Anyway, parents in another tank, eggs hatched a few hours later, I put is some Hydrogen Peroxide, inspite of this more eggs fungused, but there are a fair few wrigglers, I was going to attempt to remove some of the fungus after work today, but now I've looked, I have a lump of fungus, but a lot of the wrigglers have dropped down the cone and are happily away from everything.

Can I leave things as they are? I'm scared if I go in with a tube, I might knock the good ones off? They look very precarious hanging there and I wouldn't be able to put them back??

My other pair seemed quite happy with a lump of fungus and their wrigglers kept being put back next to it. Obviously when my solo wrigglers get a bit bigger I'll definitely remove it, but is it ok to leave things as they are for now?? If the advice is to go in with a tube, I'll brave it............

bridgegirl99

Back to top Go down

wrigglers on a cone Empty Re: wrigglers on a cone

Post  Pterophyllum Wed 09 Apr 2014, 20:56

You can use a meat baster to suck up the babies and move them to a more suitable spot. Personally I always let the parents parent raise, and fungus doesn't seem to be an issue once they're hatched. If in doubt try moving half of them and see which half, if either do best.
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  bridgegirl99 Thu 10 Apr 2014, 14:21

I have been trying to let them parent raise, but I was getting impatient lol so I thought I'd have a go, I'll let them try again once the tank is empty again.

I have noticed there's one or two wrigglers on the outside of the fungus, so as the majority have dropped down out of the way, maybe I'll leave well alone for the minute.

bridgegirl99

Back to top Go down

Post  bridgegirl99 Wed 16 Apr 2014, 16:54

Well I have a few survivors, about 20 to 30 I think, but what I have noticed, which is I'm sure why Rob does it, in the tank next door I have another pair whose fry have gone free swimming today, the difference in the fry is amazing!! the ones with Mum and Dad have obviously got the message how to swim so much better and they look so much healthier, the solo fry seem to group together down the bottom of the tank, just swimming about when food is available, I shall watch their progress with interest, mind you the parent raisers have had a habit of eating their fry after a couple of days lol but they're looking more confident this time, so fingers crossed.

As for the naughty parents, they're in a larger tank which I have divided as grumpy mum kept picking on the other female, being really nasty to her, but this afternoon they have spawned again in their half, so I shall see if the get wrigglers this time!! Laughing 

Its all fascinating stuff!!

bridgegirl99

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Wed 16 Apr 2014, 17:02

Sounds like you're soon going to be looking for some more tanks!
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Wed 16 Apr 2014, 17:08

....and yes, in my experience, parents keep the shoal together, take them to the food when it goes in, and seem take them away when they've had enough. Add to that the "glancing" behaviour, where the youngsters feed on the mucus of the parents mean that IMO parent raised youngster tend to be better. Add to that, it's a wonderful sight to see a pair working together to keep their shoal together.
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum