UK Angelfish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

First attempt at Angel breeding. My Journal - Page 2 Empty
Latest topics
» Hello everyone - just joined the forum.
First attempt at Angel breeding. My Journal - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 13:49 by TrevorGreenfield

» Is there anybody out there?
First attempt at Angel breeding. My Journal - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:51 by Mims_0

» Which option would you choose?
First attempt at Angel breeding. My Journal - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018, 18:49 by Mims_0

» Need help theirs something wrong angelfish are acting really strange
First attempt at Angel breeding. My Journal - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Sep 2017, 10:37 by Pterophyllum

» Hi all. =)
First attempt at Angel breeding. My Journal - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Sep 2017, 15:52 by Pterophyllum

» Disaster has struck!!!
First attempt at Angel breeding. My Journal - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Aug 2017, 11:32 by Pterophyllum

» Scottish Members.
First attempt at Angel breeding. My Journal - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017, 14:36 by wildreddeer

» Keeping angelfish fry in the parents tank
First attempt at Angel breeding. My Journal - Page 2 EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017, 09:30 by Pterophyllum

» Just Testing
First attempt at Angel breeding. My Journal - Page 2 EmptyWed 02 Aug 2017, 21:19 by bridgegirl99

post deleted

Mon 24 Jul 2017, 16:09 by fredothedictator

post deleted

Comments: 2

Sunset Koi Angelfish

Sun 16 Oct 2016, 19:30 by MatthewHalliday

Shalom Everyone I want to buy some Sunset Koi Angelfish I bought one …

Comments: 3

WANTED Bugarian Greens/Albino Dantum

Sun 19 Jun 2016, 02:04 by Toondog

As the title suggest I'm trying to track down some Bulgarian Seal …

Comments: 0

Counter
free counters
First attempt at Angel breeding. My Journal - Page 2 Header4 First attempt at Angel breeding. My Journal - Page 2 Helios

First attempt at Angel breeding. My Journal

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

First attempt at Angel breeding. My Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: First attempt at Angel breeding. My Journal

Post  spyderuk Sat 23 Feb 2013, 22:43

Phil, I follow a similar routine that you have outlined. I generally take a bucket a day hoovering out the base of all the stuff we don't want in there. Sometimes I will skip a day here and there if things are not messy. Sometimes I will take a bucket out 1 day and not refill until I take another out the following day. I use API water conditioner but generally top up with cold using regular airline to get it in slowly and feed it in towards the heater.

The problem I seem to be having is when parents are trying to remove bad eggs they seem to remove them and eggs around them. I tend to see little bare patches where they have been removed. I observed the male and he goes really gently at the bad eggs sometimes pecking at them 10-15 times before he gets them, as if he's trying his best not to damage or dislodge any good ones.

The one spawn I had was a total white out within 24 hrs. I'm sure the male was not in the mood for that one and it was the first time the eggs had been laid on two seperate leaves.

I was going to give them another attempt but seriously considering pulling the next spawn and maybe trying to artificially hatch them in a 12 inch cube. It's just finding somewhere to setup a 5th tank in the house. Sad

spyderuk

Back to top Go down

First attempt at Angel breeding. My Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: First attempt at Angel breeding. My Journal

Post  spyderuk Mon 04 Mar 2013, 16:59

Well the most recent spawn went the same way. They have had a good 6-7 attempts now and only once got to day 3 hatching so the next one is all mine. Twisted Evil

spyderuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterophyllum Tue 05 Mar 2013, 00:11

Well good luck with stealing the eggs next time around!
Pterophyllum
Pterophyllum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2